Giouvetsi with ground meat. Place all the ingredients, except the orzo, in the baking tray or the Dutch oven. Cover with water. Δημοφιλέστερες Ειδήσεις Κατηγορίας Συνταγές. Giouvetsi with ground meat. Τελευταία Νέα Sintages Pareas.
This is the perfect dish for your Sunday family dinner! Giouvetsi or Yiouvetsi is a traditional greek meal combining meat with orzo pasta with tomato sauce. Check out my recipe, you too can make it easily at home. You can cook Giouvetsi with ground meat using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Giouvetsi with ground meat
- Prepare 1/2 kg of ground meat.
- You need 2 cups of freshly grated tomato.
- Prepare of salt and pepper (as much as you like).
- Prepare 1 of /2 cup olive oil.
- Prepare 1 packet of orzo.
Giouvetsi is a delicious and easy baked Greek pasta dish made with chicken, lamb or beef, orzo and tomato sauce. We used tender chunks of veal stew meat in our Giouvetsi recipe today, but just about any kind of meat works with this dish including ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper. Giouvetsi is one of Greece's most traditional and loved dishes that is enjoyed by all the family. It's an oven-baked meal, featuring kritharaki (orzo) and meat (veal, beef, chicken or lamb can be used) cooked in a homemade tomato sauce.
Giouvetsi with ground meat step by step
- Place all the ingredients, except the orzo, in the baking tray or the Dutch oven..
- Cover with water..
- Put in a preheated oven at 200°C..
- When the ground meat has boiled but is still not completely ready, add the orzo..
- When the orzo is cooked, serve with the cheese of your liking..
Here is an easy to follow recipe that you are sure to love! When ready, transfer to a bowl and set aside until needed. Place pot back on heat and let it get very hot. Add the sautéed vegetables, cinnamon sticks, bay leaves, cumin and tomato paste. Giouvetsi is a one pot Greek dish where the meat is baked along with the pasta.