Jalapeño Potato Salad. Jalapeño-Cheddar Potato Salad from Delish.com is about to become your BBQ go-to. A potato salad is only as good as its mix-ins. Which is why many potato salads go untouched at a cookout.
Learn how to make Jalapeño Potato Salad. Get ready for a hot summer with this jalapeño popper potato salad recipe. This recipe combines all your favorite jalapeño popper flavors with the comforts. You can have Jalapeño Potato Salad using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Jalapeño Potato Salad
- Prepare 3 lb of Potatoes, washed and partially peeled and cut into small cubes, then boiled until soft.
- You need 5 of Hard Boiled Eggs, peeled and diced or smashed with a fork.
- Prepare 1 cup of Idaho Mashed Potatoes Homestyle Buttery Flavor, make as directed but only use half of what the package makes.
- Prepare 1 bunch of Celery, diced.
- It’s 1 large of Purple/Red Onion, diced.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of Jalapeños, diced, fresh or out of jar.
- You need 1 large of Green Pepper, washed, clean out the seeds in the middle and dice.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Mayo, not the cheap kind, use Dukes or Kraft.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Yellow Mustard, or how ever much you like.
- You need 3 tbsp of Deli/Spicy Mustard,or however much you like.
- You need 1 cup of Chow Chow or Dill Relish if chow chow is unavailable.
- It’s of Salt and Pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Onion Powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of Garlic Powder, NOT garlic salt.
The jalapeno peppers in this potato salad recipe gives it a real kick. This salad goes well with just about anything but really compliments barbecued pork. Healthy low-carb, keto and paleo recipes plus free guides and diet plans to help you achieve your goals on the ketogenic diet. Jalapeno Popper Potato Salad, made with cream cheese, bacon, and lots of jalapeno peppers, is a spicy and delicious twist on regular potato salad that is just what you need to heat up your next.
Jalapeño Potato Salad step by step
- Wash, partially peel, and cut potatoes into small cubes. Boil in salt water for about 20-30 minutes, or until soft (add about 3 tablespoons of salt to large pot of water). Drain and set aside to cool down. **pic- OR wrap potatoes in bacon and bake until soft, then chop up with bacon still attached and add it all to the bowl! This batch was EXTRA YUMMY!.
- Boil eggs until hard boiled, about 15-20 minutes. Cool down, peel, and dice or smash..
- Prepare package of Idaho mashed potatoes, as directed by package, set aside to cool..
- Dice up onion, celery, and jalapeños, put in large bowl. Add all remaining ingredients and stir. Once eggs, mashed potatoes and cut up (boiled) potatoes are cooled down, add them to the mixture..
- Using large spoon, or gloved hands, mix up all ingredients and transfer into a pretty bowl (optional). Sprinkle with paprika to finish..
Potato salad is another import of western cuisine (known as yoshoku) that is highly embraced by the Japanese. Just like the potato salads in the US, Japanese potato salad is also a popular party dish. She has adapted and tweaked this recipe to suit her own taste, and it suits mine too. Ingredients for Jalapeno Potato Salad Recipe. Jalapeno peppers and pimentos add flavor and color to potatoes in a creamy cheese sauce in this side dish recipe.