Jalapeno Popper Casserole. The Original Jalapeno Popper Casserole Recipe! It is made with jalapenos, cream cheese, bacon, tater tots, and This Jalapeno Popper Tater Tot Casserole is always a hit at parties and potlucks! Pop this jalapeno popper chicken casserole in the oven for a quick and easy keto dinner that's the perfect balance of spicy and creamy.
This low-carb jalapeno popper casserole recipe is about to become your new favorite weeknight dinner! I bet you can agree that chicken. If you love cheesy jalapeño poppers, you are going to love Jalapeno popper chicken casserole recipe. You can cook Jalapeno Popper Casserole using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Jalapeno Popper Casserole
- Prepare 2 of cups cooked chicken (I roasted some legs and took the meat off).
- Prepare 16 of ounces cream cheese.
- Prepare 6 of to 8 slices of bacon (more or less depending on your love level of bacon).
- You need 8 large of jalapenos (i bake mine until soft) deseed and chop.
- Prepare 1 of large onion (sauteed).
- Prepare 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- You need 1 cup of milk.
- Prepare 2 of cloves of garlic (sauteed with the onion).
- Prepare 6 of flour tortillas (corn works too).
Lay chicken into a casserole dish, then spread cream cheese mixture over it, then top with cheddar and mozzarella cheese. Jalapenos and buffalo chicken are a marriage of flavors that just had to be done. It's a flavor explosion that is oozing with rich and delicious cheese. Chicken casserole with jalapeño is a smooth and creamy recipe with unparalleled flavor.
Jalapeno Popper Casserole step by step
- Cook and Debone your chicken and shred meat. Set aside.
- Cut bacon into small pieces and fry. Drain bacon on paper towel. Set aside..
- Chop jalapenos and place in foil envelope or covered baking dish for 30 minutes at 400°F..
- Dice onions and garlic. Use a bit of your bacon grease and cook onion and garlic on medium heat until lightly browned or caramelized..
- In large bowl, add cream cheese, cheddar cheese, onion, garlic, bacon, jalapenos, chicken, and milk. (Carefully) stir until incorporated completely..
- In a glass casserole dish, line bottom with tortillas. Pour over half your mixture. Repeat process, tortillas, then mixture. (Can also layer in some extra cheese if you wish). Exposed layer should be the cream cheese mixture..
- Bake in 400°F oven until lightly browned on top. Only about 15- 20 minutes..
- Let set for 10-15 minutes before serving..
Chicken in a creamy cheesy sauce with pieces of jalapeno and loads of bacon. This Jalapeno Popper Chicken Casserole is one of the best casseroles ever. I just made Jalapeno Popper deviled eggs the other day with some of the these same ingredients! Jalapeno fans will love this Jalapeno Popper Chicken Casserole. It's super creamy and in addition to bacon and chicken it also has pasta and plenty of cheese, both Cheddar and Monterey Jack.