Giouvetsi. Giouvetsi, or youvetsi is a centuries old dish that was traditionally served as a one-pot meal and in A traditional Greek Giouvetsi (youvetsi) recipe made with orzo pasta, beef and a delicious tomato sauce. Giouvetsi or Yiouvetsi is a traditional greek meal combining meat with orzo pasta with tomato sauce. Check out my recipe, you too can make it easily at home.
Also called Youvetsi, Giouvesti is one of those recipes that. Giouvetsi is an age-old Greek dish consisting of beef, lamb or chicken baked in a tomato-based sauce with pasta and other ingredients. There are multiple spellings for the word, including yiouvetsi. You can cook Giouvetsi using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Giouvetsi
- You need 1 kg of veal, cubed.
- It’s 2 of large onions.
- It’s 200 ml of olive oil.
- You need 2 of vegetable flavored Bouillon Cube.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic (cut in 4 pieces).
- It’s of orzo or hilopites pasta.
- It’s 250 ml of red wine.
- You need 3 of ripe tomatoes.
- It’s 2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- It’s 2 tbsp of sugar.
- It’s of feta cheese.
- You need of Parmesan.
Giouvetsi, named after Turkish earthenware, is a common meal served on large family gatherings and various festive occasions. Giouvetsi is a one pot Greek dish where the meat is baked along with the pasta. The recipe for giouvetsi is quite simple and I realized immediately that the secret was that while the meat is cooking. Download Giouvetsi stock photos at the best stock photography agency with millions of premium high quality, royalty-free stock photos, images and pictures at reasonable prices.
Giouvetsi step by step
- In a pressure cooker, sauté the chopped onions and brown the veal cubes in the heated olive oil. Add 250ml water and cook for approximately 15 minutes, depending on the size of the meat cubes..
- Empty the contents of the pressure cooker into an ovenproof dish, preferrably a lidded one. Add the stock cubes, tomatoes, sugar, garlic, salt and pepper, and the orzo. You can use more or less orzo, depending on the size of your dish. Add the wine and at least 250ml water..
- Cover. If your dish does not have a lid, cover well with alluminium foil..
- Bake in a preheated oven, at 170 degrees C, for 1 to 2 hours. After 1,5 hours, remove the lid, add the crumbled feta cheese, stirring it through the meal. Sprinkle the grated Parmesan cheese on top, and return to the oven, uncovered, for a further 10 minutes..
- Keep an eye on it, until it is ready..
Pollo giouvetsi / kotopoulo giouvetsi, Chicken with Orzo Casserole (Giouvetsi), Arni Giouvetsi sto Fourno. Il giouvetsi è uno dei piatti emblematici della cucina casalinga greca. Greek giouvetsi. Для просмотра онлайн кликните на видео ⤵. Giouvetsi – The easy way of Greek cooking Подробнее. Greek Beef Giouvetsi with Cretan Village Hilopites Pasta – Μοσχάρι Γιουβέτσι.