Beef Tapa. Beef Tapa is dried cured beef similar to “Beef Jerky”. This is traditionally prepared by curing the meat with sea salt and letting it dry directly under the sun for the purpose of preserving the meat. Filipino Beef Tapa is easy to make and tastes so much better than store-bought.
Traditionally, it was prepared by curing the meat with salt. Nowadays, beef tapa is made by simply marinating the meat before frying or sautéing them. Beef tapa is a type of cured meat of thin slices of tender beef. You can have Beef Tapa using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Beef Tapa
- You need of vinegar.
- You need of salt.
- Prepare of white/brown sugar.
- Prepare of ground blackpeper.
- It’s of garlic, minced.
- You need of cooking oil for frying.
- You need of soy sauce.
- It’s of beef sirloin/ thin sliced.
A popular breakfast that is usually served The tender cut of beef, like sirloin, is usually used to make Beef Tapa as it involved frying. How to cook Filipino beef tapa. Traditionally, tapa was a means to extend the shelf life of meats (and other proteins like chicken and fish). The meat was cured or dried with salt and various spices similar.
Beef Tapa step by step
- Combine in a container all ingredients. Stir well..
- After mixing all the ingredients, place the beef meat in a container or ziplock bag..
- Cover and refrigerate the marinade for a minimum of 12 hours or overnight..
- Fry until brown..
- Serve with sunny side eggs and plain rice or garlic fried rice..
Beef Tapa is dried or cured beef although other meat or even fish may be used with this recipe. Filipinos prepare thin slices of meat and cure it with salt and spices as a method of preserving it. Beef tapa is a popular Filipino breakfast dish. Some recipes add a twist to this dish, like chili oil, fried garlic, etc. Learn how to make my version of homemade beef tapa, a Filipino-inspired dish.