Mins Jalapeno Popper Casserole. The Original Jalapeno Popper Casserole Recipe! It is made with jalapenos, cream cheese, bacon, tater tots, and cheese. This Jalapeno Popper Tater Tot Casserole is always a hit at parties and potlucks!
Chicken Jalapeno Popper Casserole tastes just like jalapeno poppers minus the junk! This made-from-scratch meal also has chicken. So then, it only makes sense to take my homemade stove-top mac and cheese, douse it with Frank's, toss it with chicken and jalapenos and call it chicken jalapeno. You can have Mins Jalapeno Popper Casserole using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mins Jalapeno Popper Casserole
- Prepare 1 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 1 box of ditalini pasta (or whatever pasta you like) cooked to al dente, drained then put in casserole dish..
- Prepare 1 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 packages of bacon, cooked, and crumbled.
- Prepare 2 packages of cream cheese.
- It’s 1 bag of of shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 1 bag of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- It’s 1 of italian seasoned breadcrumbs enough for the top.
- Prepare 1 of ground black pepper (to taste).
- Prepare 1 of paprika (to taste).
- You need 1 of garlic powder (to taste).
- It’s 4 of jalapenos, seeds out and chopped (or you can use the jarred jalapeno rings).
Pop this jalapeno popper chicken casserole in the oven for a quick and easy keto dinner that's the perfect balance of spicy and creamy. Sour cream, lettuce and salsa for condiments and all the bases were covered. Jalapeno Popper Casserole is a quick and easy meal that the whole family will love. Although it has jalapeños, I wouldn't characterize this meal as too spicy.
Mins Jalapeno Popper Casserole instructions
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Brown ground beef with onion and season to your liking. Drain and put in casserole dish mix with the cooked pasta.
- In a bowl mix cream cheese, bacon crumbles, sharp cheddar cheese, chopped jalapenos, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika. Mix well..
- At this point you can add milk and adjust to your desired consistency. (I didnt add the milk and just spread the cream cheese mixture over the ground beef and pasta, i thought it made the casserole dry. My husband liked it this way but i would recomend adding milk and making it more of a cream cheese sauce.).
- Next add a layer of the mozzarella and then a layer of jalapeno rings and top with breadcrumbs, and spray lightly with cooking spray. Bake on 375 for 30-40 minutes or until top is browned and cheese is melted..
If you are sensitive to spice, you can always reduce the amount of jalapeños, which shouldn't affect the overall taste of the casserole much. This low-carb jalapeno popper casserole recipe is about to become your new favorite weeknight dinner! I bet you can agree that chicken casserole is ALWAYS a good idea. I am putting a spin on the traditional chicken casserole dish by adding jalapeños AND BACON! Toya Boudy takes everything you love about jalapeño poppers and turns it into a delicious casserole.