Jalapeño Popper Bites. Easy Jalapeño Popper Bites are sure to be the hit of your party! Top each cup with a bit of shredded cheddar and a jalapeño slice. Need appetizer ideas for when you're watching the game?
Jalapeno peppers are one of the favored varieties of chili peppers used in the North American cuisine, especially in the Southern states, where Tex-Mex cuisine is popular. These Jalapeño Popper Bites are slightly addictive but so easy. Crescent rolls, jalapeños, cream cheese and bacon. You can have Jalapeño Popper Bites using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Jalapeño Popper Bites
- It’s 3 tbsp of Cream Cheese.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Cheddar Cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Colby Jack Cheddar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Jalapeño slices (from a jar) roughly chopped.
- Prepare 4 slice of Bacon (cooked and chopped).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Bacon fat.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Jalapeño juice.
- It’s 2 of Eggs.
- It’s 1 cup of Flour.
- You need 2 cup of Italian Breadcrumbs.
- Prepare 1 of Oil for frying.
Jalapeno Poppers – fresh and plump jalapenos sliced in half and filled with a a rich, creamy and cheesy filling. These Jalapeno Poppers are BAKED and can be wrapped around with bacon or. These are a bit reminiscent of stuffed jalapeño peppers but much easier to make. I found this in the Junior League Celebrations cookbook.
Jalapeño Popper Bites step by step
- In a bowl combine cream cheese, both shredded cheeses, jalapeños, bacon fat and jalapeño juice..
- Once combined, fold in chopped bacon..
- Form mixture in to balls (about a table spoon).
- Place balls in the freezer for about 10 min.
- Put eggs, flour and breadcrumbs in 3 separate bowls. Add salt and pepper to the flour. Add about a tablespoon of water to the eggs and beat slightly..
- Take balls out the freezer. Dip balls in flour then egg then breadcrumbs, when done put in freezer for another 10 min..
- Take balls out of the freezer. Dip them in the egg and then the breadcrumbs again(omitting the flour this time) let stand in freezer for about 10 more minutes to firm up..
- Put oil In a deep pot, let the oil get hot, fry bites in batches till golden brown..
Jalapeños Peppers stuffed with cheese and bacon make a great appetizer for a crowd! They're easy to prep ahead and then throw a batch in the oven when people get hungry. Jalapeño history – where do jalapeño peppers come from? The pepper originated in − you guessed it − Mexico. Roll jalapeño with light pressure to loosen seeds.