You can cook Coconut Chicken using 13 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Coconut Chicken
- It’s of coconut coating.
- It’s 1/2 cup of shredded sweetened coconut.
- You need 1/2 cup of panko Japanese bread crumbs.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/3 tsp of white pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of white corn meal.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
- It’s 2 of large eggs, beaten.
- It’s 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s of chicken.
- You need 1 lb of boneless, skinless chicken breasts. About six in the pound..
- It’s of frying.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
Coconut Chicken step by step
- In a large shallow bowl add your beaten eggs..
- In another large shallow bowl add your flour, salt, pepper and onion powder. Mix well..
- In a third shallow bowl add your coconut, corn meal and panko. Mix well..
- In a large deep skillet add your vegetable oil. Heat it over medium heat. Temperature should reach 350°F fahrenheit..
- Dredge chicken through the flour mixture. Shake off excess..
- Dip chicken, both sides through egg mixture. Allow excess egg mixture to drip off..
- Finally dredge chicken through coconut mixture..
- Let chicken rest for several minutes after coating on a plate..
- Gently lay chicken into oil and cook 3-4 minutes per side. This depends on thickness of chicken. I like to pound out thicker side of chicken before coating to one equal thickness. I place chicken breast between two pieces of plastic wrap and pound out the thickest end with a meat pounder or rolling pin until the piece is equal in thickness..
- Your looking for a medium golden brown and cooked chicken reaching 165°F in temperature..
- Drain chicken on a plate with paper toweling..
- I like to dip these in duck sauce which I buy mostly prepared..
- Recipe by taylor68too..