Jalapeño Cheddar Quinoa Bites. Jalapeno Popper Quinoa Bites are healthy, cheesy bite-sized mini mac and cheese muffins made with quinoa, inspired by the popular jalapeno popper This recipe combines two of my most popular recipes (Broccoli Cheddar Quinoa Bites and Jalapeno Popper Pasta) into tasty, cheesy, bite-sized. In a cream cheese/Cheddar-Jack base, pickled jalapenos, green olives, and chopped red onions make a delicious topping for Snack Factory® Pretzel Crisps®. Reviews for: Photos of Jalapeno Cheddar Bites.
Cheesy quinoa bites make excellent hangover food the next day. Besides the fact that I pronounced it as "kin-o-wah" for the first year of our relationship, I'm pretty. These are gooey and cheesy and pretty much pure comfort food. You can cook Jalapeño Cheddar Quinoa Bites using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Jalapeño Cheddar Quinoa Bites
- It’s 3/4 cup of uncooked quinoa, rinsed.
- It’s 1/2 cup of water (or vegetable broth or chicken broth).
- Prepare 2 of eggs, lightly beaten.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped jalapeños.
- Prepare 1 cup of yellow onion, finely diced.
- Prepare 1 of garlic clove, finely minced.
- You need 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of paprika.
- You need 1 of Crushed red pepper (optional) to taste.
They'd be fabulous dipped in ranch dressing, but I was all out and too lazy to make my own. There's a bit of cheddar cheese in them providing a mellow creaminess against the heat of the jalapeno. Broccoli complements the cheddar in a good way. Think broccoli cheddar soup and you'll get the idea.
Jalapeño Cheddar Quinoa Bites step by step
- In a medium sauce pan, combine quinoa and water (or broth) and cook according to package directions. Let cool..
- In a large bowl, combine cooled quinoa, eggs, broccoli, onion, garlic, cheese and paprika..
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray mini-muffin tins with cooking spray..
- Put a heaping tablespoonful of quinoa mixture into prepared muffin cups. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until edges turn golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes and then gently remove from pan to cool completely..
You have two choices for the flour you use in this recipe. Fresh jalapeño, cheddar cheese, and fresh grape tomatoes are baked right into this Jalapeño Cheddar Cornbread making it just the right amount of extraordinary. Today I made a batch of cornbread and stuffed it chock-full of fresh jalapeños, cheddar cheese, and fresh grape tomatoes. They're incredibly easy to make and freeze well. No fancy dough needed to make these fun jalapeño-spiked appetizer bites!