You can cook Low-Carb Tamales using 24 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Low-Carb Tamales
- You need of Tamale dough.
- It’s 1-1/2 cup of almond flour.
- Prepare 1-1/2 cup of coconut flour.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chicken broth.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of ground paprika.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of granulated onion powder.
- You need 3 tablespoons of lard.
- It’s 1-2 tablespoons of water.
- You need of Filling.
- It’s 1 pound of chicken breast.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of ground paprika.
- It’s 1 of large onion chopped.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of seasoned salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- You need 1/3 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ground cumin.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of peanut oil.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of tomato paste.
- You need of Wrapping.
- It’s As needed of Banana leaves.
- Prepare As needed of butchers twine.
Low-Carb Tamales instructions
- Boil the cup of water with the chicken in it. When done pull it apart. You can also use beef.
- Heat the oil add the onions and spices. Sauté till onions are soft. Add the chicken..
- Mix the flours and the other dough ingredients..
- Add 2 tablespoons of dough to a piece of leaf..
- Add some of the filling to the center of the dough on the leaf. Fold the leaf into a package. Make sure the dough covers the filling..
- Fold again and tie the twine. Add to the steamer. Steam for 30 minutes..
- Let rest 5 minutes then serve. Remove from leaf I hope you enjoy!! I served with salsa verde..
- My leaves were tattered a bit it was hard to work with. Caused some of my Tamales to crack a bit one actually crumbled..