Mike's Crispy Orange Chicken.
You can cook Mike's Crispy Orange Chicken using 27 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mike's Crispy Orange Chicken
- Prepare of Crispy Chicken Coating [mix everything together except for eggs & oil. eggs beaten separately. oil for frying].
- You need 1 cup of Plain Panko Bread Crumbs.
- You need 1/2 cup of All Purpose Flour.
- It’s 1 cup of Corn Starch.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Prepare 2 large of Eggs [beaten].
- It’s 2 cup of Cooking Oil [high heat oil].
- It’s of Chicken.
- You need 2 large of Boneless Chicken Breasts [rinsed – fat trimmed – cut into 1″ cubes].
- You need of Sweet Orange Marinade & Sauce [mix everything together well].
- Prepare 1 cup of Chicken Broth.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice [with pulp].
- It’s 1/3 cup of White Distilled Vinager.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Granulated Sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Soy Sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Fine Minced Garlic.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Orange Zest.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Siracha Garlic Chili Sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Fine Minced Ginger.
- You need 1/4 tsp of White Pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Red Pepper Flakes [optional].
- It’s of Sweet Orange Marinade & Sauce Thickener [mix well].
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Corn Starch [+ 2 tablespoon water].
- Prepare of Garnishments.
- You need of Toasted Sesame Seeds.
- Prepare of Orange Wedges.
- It’s of Chives.
Mike's Crispy Orange Chicken instructions
- Rinse chicken. Trim any fat. Cut into 1″ cubes. Place in a Ziplock bag or, sealed bowl..
- Mix everything in the Sweet Orange Marinade & Sauce section well. Add 1/2 to 2/3 cup of your marinade to your chicken cubes in your Ziplock bag. Refrigerate for 1 hour minimum. Longer if possible. Massage chilled bag intermittently. Refrigerate your remaining marinade as well. I allow my chicken to marinate for up to 4 hours..
- Tip: To get the most juice out of your oranges, microwave them for 1 minute, roll them hard with your palm of your hand, then squeeze juices out. This method works well with most any citrus fruit. Watch out for any seeds!.
- Drain your chicken pieces. Discard juices. Dab chicken dry with a clean paper towel..
- Mix everything in the Crispy Chicken Coating section. Except for eggs and oil. Beat eggs in a seperate bowl. I'll usually add the zest of another orange to my flour mixture for that extra kick but, it's not necessary..
- Dip your [dabbed dry] chicken pieces in your egg mixture then, press chicken firmly in your flour / panko / corn starch mixture. Fully coat..
- Fry coated chicken pieces on high heat in a wok or frying pan for about 3 minutes. Flip pieces once during frying time. Drain cooked pieces on clean, absorbant paper towels..
- Heat up your marinade sauce in a pan. Bring it to a steady simmer. Then, slowly add your thickener [2 tbs corn starch + 2 tbs water] and stir until your sauce reaches your desired thickness or consistency..
- Drizzle your sweet orange sauce over your crispy chicken or, just lightly toss them all up in a larger bowl. Either way, serve immediately on a bed of fluffy rice or, chow mein. Serve soy sauce to the side! Enjoy!.