Cheese and thyme Bread. Now lightly press the rest of the cheese over the surface, dust generously with flour and add a few sprigs of thyme here and there. Then remove it to a cooling rack and serve it still slightly warm if. Even without the fresh thyme sprinkled on top, this is hands down, one of my biggest crowd pleasers.
Thyme is a fragrant culinary herb that has been a staple in southern European and Mediterranean Thyme pairs well with meat, tomatoes, and beans. It is the main ingredient in the classic French herb Since thyme pairs so well with eggs, tomatoes, and cheese, it makes an excellent addition to. This moist no yeast bread is a quick bread that is fast to prepare, with swirls of herb and pockets of cheese, with added flavour of garlic! You can have Cheese and thyme Bread using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cheese and thyme Bread
- Prepare of Dry materials:.
- Prepare 3 cups of flour.
- It’s Teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 3 teaspoons of milk powder.
- It’s 1/2 tablespoon of instant yeast.
- You need 1/2 tablespoon of sugar.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.
- You need tablespoon of Sesame.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of black seed.
- You need of Non-dry materials:.
- You need 1/2 cup of halloumi cheese, cut into cubes.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- You need 1/2 cup of fresh thyme leaves (3 tablespoons of dried thyme if fresh).
- Prepare 1 cup of and three quarters warm water for kneading.
I like to wedge chunks of cheese in the batter so you get lovely pockets of cheese and the lovely textured crust on top. But you could just mix it through – even faster. It gives the bread a slight crunch. If you don't like that of course you can use regular ground cornmeal.
Cheese and thyme Bread step by step
- In a bowl, put all dry ingredients and stir until mixed, then add the rest of the ingredients and warm water in stages and knead on medium speed until the dough becomes sticky sticking to the hands.
- The dough in this recipe is sticky, sticky but not liquid.
- Put two tablespoons of olive oil on the face of the dough, cover it with a plastic wrap and leave it for an hour for brewing.
- After an hour, we don't notice a big rise in the dough, just the wrap swells up and rises up to indicate the dough is brewed..
- Preheat the oven to 390 degrees Fahrenheit, and start forming the bread, using an ice cream scoop.
- Place the dough pieces on the baking mat and leave relatively large distances between them, and put them in the preheated oven on the middle rack until it becomes a golden color..
- Bakes roll out onto the baking rack and leave to cool down a little.
- Cheese bread is served alongside tea for a delicious breakfast.
Thyme is a minty, lemony herb that is used in sweet and savory dishes. Thyme is available as a fresh herb and as a dried spice. You can combine it with spices to make a dry rub for meat, or work it into butter for. Asiago cheese bread is easy to make in your bread machine using the white-bread setting. Top it with some grated asiago cheese before the final bake cycle.