Honey Pear Walnut Cake.
You can cook Honey Pear Walnut Cake using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Honey Pear Walnut Cake
- It’s of First.
- It’s 4 of large ripe pears.
- Prepare 1-1/2 tablespoon of honey.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
- You need of Second.
- You need 1-1/2 cup of honey.
- You need 3-1/4 cup of almond flour.
- You need 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract divided.
- You need of Third.
- Prepare 8 of large eggs.
- It’s of Last.
- You need 1 tablespoon of water.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of honey.
- You need 1/2 cup of toasted walnuts.
Honey Pear Walnut Cake step by step
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Peel and core the pears..
- Chop three of the pears roughly and cook in a covered saucepan over medium heat for 10 minutes with the lemon juice and 1-1/2 tablespoon honey..
- Remove from the heat, and roughly mash the pears in to a puree. Let cool. You should end up with 2 cups of mashed pears to add to the cake..
- Mix the almond flour with the 1-1/2 cups of honey..
- Add the eggs, 1 teaspoon of the vanilla, and the cooked pears and puree the mixture. Pour into the prepared pan. I used a springform pan sprayed with nonstick spray..
- In a small saucepan, heat the honey, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and the water until the mixture bubbles. Omit this step if using method 2 on next step..
- Method 1: Slice the last remaining pear into ¼" slices and add the slices to the hot honey mixture. Remove from the pan from the heat and toss gently to coat. Method 2: Slice the pear thinly add to cake batter and drizzle with honey and vanilla extract. I did method 2..
- Add honey to pot and heat, add the walnuts till coated. Sprinkle the walnuts over the top of the cake. Top with the sliced pears and spoon any remaining honey sauce over the top of the cake..
- Bake for 90 minutes or until the cake is browned and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let the cake cool in the pan for about 30 minutes, then run the dull side of a knife around the sides of the pan cut slices and serve. I hope you enjoy!!.