You can have Lebanese Baklava using 14 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lebanese Baklava
- It’s 2 pcs of Phyllo Pastry.
- You need 500 gr of unsalted butted.
- You need 250 gr of almond meal.
- It’s 500 gr of walnut (finely grounded with blender).
- You need 1 cup of sugar.
- It’s 3 tbsp of rose water.
- It’s 3 tbsp of orange blossom water.
- You need 100 gr of pistachio (grounded).
- It’s of Syrup/attar:.
- You need 3 cups of sugar.
- It’s 2 cups of water.
- It’s of Lemon juice from 1/2 lemon.
- You need 2 tbsp of orange blossom water.
- It’s 2 tbsp of rose water.
Lebanese Baklava instructions
- First of all we make the syrup/attar. Boil the water, add sugar. Stir it occasionally until thickened. Once it thickened, turn off the fire add lemon juice, rose water, and orange blossom water, mix them well. Store in a bottle or container while cooled..
- Preheat oven 160°C, meanwhile we prepare the baklava filling. Mix almond meal, ground walnut, sugar, rose water, and orange blossom water in a mixing bowl until it becomes like a dough. If it needs more water, add more rose water or orange blossom water gradually..
- Melt the butter properly. Coat the baking tray with the butter..
- Remove first phyllo pastry from the packaging, spread carefully on the butter in the baking tray..
- Spread the walnut mixture on top of the phyllo pastry evenly. Make sure you press it to make it firm..
- Open another package of phyllo pastry and layer it on top of the walnut filling and press it carefully..
- Start cutting baklava in diamond shape with a sharp knife slowly. Make sure it cut really well to the bottom layer..
- After all tray of baklava cut really well, pour butter gradually all over it..
- Bake it until the top layer looks flaky. It takes around 10-20 mins, oven heat may vary. Don't let it over cook, it doesn't take long..
- Remove from the over when the top layer looks golden and flaky..
- Pour syrup/attar on top of it while it's still hot. Sprinkle ground pistachio. Wait until it cools down..
- Baklava is ready to enjoy for desert..