Chewy Chocolate Mocha Cookies. They are sweet, chewy, chocolaty concotions with a hint of coffee flavor. All good things, all good things. To be clear, I don't drink coffee; never have, never will. #gross I do however know and love coffee extract.
The flavour of chocolate and coffee is incredible in cookies, too. These Mocha Chocolate Chunk Cookies are soft, chewy and full of coffee flavor and chunks of chocolate! These delicious cookies will leave you These mocha chocolate chunk cookies are wonderfully soft and chewy. You can cook Chewy Chocolate Mocha Cookies using 11 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chewy Chocolate Mocha Cookies
- It’s of all purpose flour.
- You need of Dutch-processed cocoa powder.
- You need of baking powder.
- You need of salt.
- Prepare of semi-sweet or 60% dark chocolate chips.
- Prepare of eggs.
- You need of vanilla extract.
- It’s of instant coffee granules or espresso powder.
- You need of unsalted butter, softened but still cool.
- It’s of light brown sugar, packed.
- You need of granualted sugar.
Be sure to remove them from the oven when they still look a little under. This cookie dough doesn't require chilling as long as my Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies because the dough is slightly thicker and less "slick" thanks to the coffee granules and cocoa powder. There are a few secrets to the best classic, chewy chocolate chip cookies. Number one: Don't use chips; instead, opt for a mix of milk or semisweet and dark chocolate chunks.
Chewy Chocolate Mocha Cookies step by step
- Sift together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside. Take out butter to soften..
- Melt chocolate in medium heat-proof bowl set over a pan of almost simmering water, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat..
- In small bowl, beat eggs and vanilla lightly with a fork. Sprinkle coffee granules and set aside while they dissolve..
- Beat the butter at medium speed until smooth and creamy, ~ 10 seconds. beat in sugars until combined, ~ 45 seconds. The mixture will look granular..
- Reduce mixer speed to low and gradually beat in the egg mixture, ~ 45 seconds..
- Pour in the melted chocolate in a steady stream and beat until combined, ~ 45 seconds..
- Scrape bowl with rubber spatula..
- With the mixer on low, add the dry ingredients and mix until JUST combined. Do not over-beat! Cover the dough with plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature for about 30 minutes, or until dough has scoopable, fudge-like consistency..
- Preheat oven to 350. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper..
- Place 1 3/4 inch balls of dough on the baking sheets, about 1.5 inches apart..
- Bake until edges have just begun to set but centers are still very soft, ~ 10 minutes. Rotate the sheets halfway through baking time..
- Let cookies cool on the sheets for 10 minutes. They will finish baking on the sheets..
- Carefully move cookies to wire racks..
Coffee cookies are a delicious sweet treat to enjoy with a tall glass of milk, cup of tea or, well Chocolate chip mocha cookies are an easy, chewy, grain-free cookie recipe. Enjoy this gluten-free chocolate chip mocha cookie with a fresh. Mocha Cookies are bite-sized soft and chewy espresso chocolate chip cookies coated in cocoa powder and dusted with a snowfall of powdered sugar. Taste: Perfect mocha flavor without too much sweetness. Texture: The cookies are soft yet chewy.