Chocolate Orange Macarons.
You can cook Chocolate Orange Macarons using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chocolate Orange Macarons
- Prepare 3 of egg whites.
- You need 1/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 1 3/4 cup of powdered sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 cup of superfine almond flour.
- Prepare 3 of tbps cocoa powder.
- It’s 6 tbsp of unsalted butter, softened.
- It’s 2 cups of powdered sugar (plus extra).
- You need 2 tbsp of orange juice (plus extra).
- You need 1 tbsp of ground orange peel (optional).
Chocolate Orange Macarons instructions
- Beat egg whites and 1/2 tsp salt until stuff peaks form..
- Continue beating, gradually adding the granulated sugar. The meringue is beaten enough when it's stiff enough to tip upside-down without falling..
- Sift the dry ingredients (almond flour, 1 3/4 cup powdered sugar, cocoa powder, and salt) into the meringue..
- Slowly fold the dry ingredients into the meringue, being careful not to push all the air out. Keep incorporating until the batter reaches ribbon stage..
- Pipe the batter onto a tray with parchment paper into the size you want your shells to be..
- Leave the shells to dry for 30-60 minutes, or until the surface of the shells are dry..
- Bake the shells for 15-20 minutes at 300°F, or until they come up cleanly from the paper. Leave them to cool..
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and one cup of the powdered sugar. Add the orange peel. Beat the buttercream, adding orange juice and powdered sugar to consistency until it's thick, but pipe-able..
- Pipe dollops of the buttercream onto half of the shells, putting the other shells on top. Store in fridge..