You can cook Hillbilly Haluski using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Hillbilly Haluski
- You need 1/2 lb of bacon, cut into one inch pieces.
- You need 1/2 small of head of cabbage, sliced in thin strips.
- Prepare 1 medium of onion, sliced.
- You need 1 box of bowtie pasta (farfalle) cook and drain.
- It’s 3 cup of cottage cheese, large curd, large container.
- Prepare 1 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- Prepare of salt.
- It’s of black pepper.
- You need dash of ground nutmeg.
Hillbilly Haluski step by step
- Cook bowtie pasta according to directions on box..
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Take bacon out. Leave bacon grease in the skillet..
- Fry cabbage and onion in the skillet with the bacon grease until a golden brown..
- Add bacon back to cabbage. Add bowtie pasta. Stir in the cottage cheese. Add salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes, nutmeg. Heat until cottage cheese is a thin gooey sauce..