Herbed jalapeño cornbread. Very easy, savory cornbread recipe using jiffy cornbread mix. I always use mini muffin tins. This jalapeño cornbread is packed with vegetables and a hint of spiciness-perfect savory side for any meal.
If you love a cornbread, you are going to love this recipe. This Honey Jalapeno Cornbread goes great with just about everything, and can be served at any. A surprisingly tasty blend of sweet cornbread and jalapeno peppers. You can cook Herbed jalapeño cornbread using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Herbed jalapeño cornbread
- It’s 1 of medium onion, chopped.
- It’s 1/2 of large vine ripened tomato chopped.
- You need 3 cup of cornmeal fine.
- It’s 2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of jalapeño peppers.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of Hungarian paprika.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of vegetable oil.
- You need 2 of large egg.
- You need 1/2 tsp of granulated garlic powder.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of milk.
- You need 2 tsp of Herbs de Provence.
- You need 2 tbsp of sofrito.
- It’s 1/4 cup of vegetable oil for pan.
If you love hot peppers and cornbread, then you must try this. We love cornbread and jalapeño poppers, so why not combine the two? This easy and delicious cornbread is loaded with all the essentials: bacon, cheddar, jalapeños. This Easy Jalapeno Cornbread is sweet, savory and perfectly moist.
Herbed jalapeño cornbread step by step
- Preheat oven to 425° Fahrenheit. This make two pans one with jalapeño and tomatoes the other without jalapeño and tomatoes..
- Mix cornmeal, baking powder, paprika, salt, onions garlic, and sugar add eggs and sofrito mix well.
- In a hot cast iron skillet thats hot or a pan oven safe add 1/4 cup oil get on bottom and sides when coated, add same oil to an extra baking pan. Coat the bottom and sides, add jalapeño peppers and tomatoes..
- Add milk to cornmeal mix then completely incorporate them together add on top of the jalapeños and tomatoes sprinkle the Herbs de Provence bake 20-25 minutes serve hope you enjoy.
- The other pan was plain no jalapeños, tomatoes or herbs but everything else..
- Serve, I hope you enjoy!.
- Newest picture.
A moist and delicious cornbread with a kick, thanks to the addition of sliced jalapeños. Jalapeño Cornbread with cheese, corn and fresh peppers – this cornbread recipe might be your new go-to for Cheesy Jalapeño Cornbread video (scroll down for recipe). This is a spicy (not sweet). This Jalapeño Cheddar Cornbread was not only beautiful, it was absolutely scrumptious. I know many of you will wonder just how spicy this cornbread is, seeing as it contains two entire jalapeños.