Ayam Bakar Kecap (Sweet Soy Sauce Grilled Chicken).
You can cook Ayam Bakar Kecap (Sweet Soy Sauce Grilled Chicken) using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Ayam Bakar Kecap (Sweet Soy Sauce Grilled Chicken)
- You need of chicken (you can use both chicken breast or chicken thighs).
- It’s of lime juice.
- It’s of salt.
- Prepare of lemongrass, pounded.
- Prepare of tamarind juice.
- It’s of kaffir lime leaves.
- Prepare of sweet soy sauce 1/2 teaspoon sugar.
- You need of white pepper powder.
- It’s of water.
- Prepare of vegetable oil.
- It’s of For the ground spices:.
- Prepare of garlic.
- Prepare of shallots.
- Prepare of chili pepper.
- You need of ginger.
- Prepare of galangal.
- You need of salt.
Ayam Bakar Kecap (Sweet Soy Sauce Grilled Chicken) step by step
- Mix the chicken with lime juice and salt. Set aside for 15 minutes..
- In a food processor, combine all the ground spices ingredients and pulse until finely chopped. Add the vegetable oil and pulse to a fine paste..
- Transfer the paste to a wok and cook over medium-high heat. Add kaffir lime leaves and lemongrass. Stir until fragrant. Add the chicken and cook until the chicken change color..
- Lower the heat. Add sweet soy sauce, white pepper powder, sugar, water, and tamarind juice. Simmer until the chicken is tender and the sauce is permeated..
- Place chicken on a hot, preheated greased grill. Rub the ground spices on the chicken. Grill the chicken until the skin is caramelized. Turn over. Do the same to the other side. Be careful not to burn it..
- Serve with warm rice, sliced cucumbers, tomatoes, and lettuce. Don’t forget the ‘sambal trasi’! 😋.