DIY Maple Flavored Syrup.
You can have DIY Maple Flavored Syrup using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of DIY Maple Flavored Syrup
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- You need 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 1 cup of brown sugar, packed.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of salted butter (optional).
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of Maple flavoring.
DIY Maple Flavored Syrup step by step
- In a saucepan over medium heat, bring water, granulated sugar, brown sugar and butter (optional) to a boil, stirring often..
- Continue to boil for 3-4 minutes, stirring often..
- Remove from heat. Stir in maple flavoring. Start with 1 teaspoon, taste. Add 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon if more flavor is desired..
- Add any additional flavorings or spices if desired. (Optional – vanilla extract, salt, cinnamon).
- Syrup will thicken as it cools. I store this in a sealed jar in the fridge. If butter gets clumpy, I heat it in the microwave for a few seconds and give it a whirl..
- This syrup is cheap to make and easy to mix up. Experiment a few times to totally customize it – make it your own!!! If you'd like it a little thicker you can boil it a bit longer. Try adding different flavors and spices or try subbing turbinado sugar or piloncillo. Enjoy : ).