Paleo butternut squash soup with jalapeno. This smooth-and-spicy butternut squash soup becomes a quick weeknight dinner when you use packages of peeled and cut squash, sold in the produce aisle of most grocery stores. The ingredients are quite simple: a squash, an apple, an onion, and carrots. A little bit of tartness from the green apple balances the sweetness of the squash, with some heat added by chili powder.
You probably have had butternut squash soup in the past, but this one, adapted to the Paleo lifestyle, is particularly interesting with its coconut milk base. This paleo butternut squash soup recipe is so comforting for fall and winter! And, low carb butternut squash soup is one of the easiest ways to enjoy butternut squash on a low carb diet. You can cook Paleo butternut squash soup with jalapeno using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Paleo butternut squash soup with jalapeno
- Prepare 6 cup of butternut squash, cubed or 1 large.
- You need 14 oz of coconut milk.
- Prepare 1 cup of chicken stock.
- You need 2 of Granny Smith Apple, peeled, cored and chopped.
- You need 2 medium of carrots, peeled, chopped.
- You need 2 of jalapeno, seeded.
- You need 6 oz of bacon, crisp and chopped.
- You need 2 tsp of paprika, smoked.
- Prepare 1 of salt.
- You need 1 of black pepper.
Basically, it's manageable if you make the soup thin enough. Fresh ginger and jalapeno pepper spice up this silky soup. Sour cream and fresh thyme cool it down. Reviews for: Photos of Butternut Squash Soup with a Kick.
Paleo butternut squash soup with jalapeno instructions
- Combine to 7 ingredients in a stock pot, cook on low heat for 4 to 6 hours..
- Blend or puree after 4 – 6 hours. An immersion blender is ideal for this. If you don?t have one, let your mix cool before transferring it to a blender or food processor..
- Garnish with jalapeno rounds, paprika and bacon..
- Salt and pepper to taste..
- Adapted from Paleopot.com recipe.
Now that the holiday season is in full swing, most of us have found ourselves indulging in a few not-so-Paleo foods. This nutrient packed soup makes a complete meal all by itself and is perfect for getting us back on. Puree the soup with imersion blender until smooth, Stir in cream and adjust seasonings to taste. This Roasted Butternut Squash Soup recipe is rich with flavor from developing caramelization on the veggies first! This soup is creamy but dairy-free.