Cilantro Pesto Pasta with Grilled Chicken. Place on a large serving plate. Cook pasta according to package directions in unsalted water. Drain and toss with pesto (see recipe below) and place in large pasta bowl or platter.
Add chicken, pasta, and tomatoes to pesto. Add the pasta, and return water to a boil. In an electric food processor or blender, blend cilantro, garlic, vinegar, Parmesan cheese We loved this! You can have Cilantro Pesto Pasta with Grilled Chicken using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cilantro Pesto Pasta with Grilled Chicken
- You need of Cilantro Pesto.
- You need 2 cup of cilantro leaves.
- You need 1/2 cup of olive oil.
- Prepare 3 clove of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1/4 cup of pine nuts, toasted.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of romano (or parmesan) cheese, grated.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt & pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of lime zest.
- It’s 1 tbsp of lime juice.
- You need 1 lb of mini farfalle (bow tie) pasta.
- You need 4 of -6 chicken breasts.
- It’s 1 envelope of McCormick lime mojito marinade (Thanks Ray Ray, now I'm hooked! lol).
We used it first as a sauce with grilled chicken breasts, and used the leftovers as a pasta sauce. Homemade Cilantro Pesto, made with fresh cilantro leaves, blanched almonds, red onion, serrano chile and olive oil. Use the pesto with pasta, as a filling, or with chicken in tacos. Some of this batch got mixed in with some cottage cheese for a delicious tortilla chip dip.
Cilantro Pesto Pasta with Grilled Chicken step by step
- Mix McCormick marinade according to package directions and marinate chicken for 15-30 minutes..
- Grill chicken on the grill outdoors or indoors on a stove top cast iron grill pan..
- Let chicken rest for 5 to 6 minutes then cut chicken breasts into bite size pieces. Set aside..
- Toast pine nuts in a non stick dry skillet over medium high heat until slighty toasted and golden brown stirring constantly..
- To a blender or a food processor add all ingredients for pesto except olive oil..
- Slowly drizzle in olive oil from the top of the blender on low speed to form a thick sauce. Set aside..
- Cook pasta according to package directions, rinse and set aside..
- Add pasta back to pasta pot. Mix in pesto and stir to combine thoroughly over low heat to warm. Add 3 cut up chicken breasts to pasta and pesto stirring again to incorporate well..
- Use remaining cut up chicken breasts to garnish on top of the pasta. Can top with freshly grated romano or parmesan cheese and fresh cilantro leaves if desired..
Cilantro lovers will love this pasta and chicken dish coated with fresh cilantro pesto. Cook chicken tenders quickly on the grill and top with pesto made with cilantro and sesame seeds for a zesty, speedy dinner. Reviews for: Photos of Grilled Chicken Tenders with Cilantro Pesto. You will love our pesto pasta with grilled chicken recipes. Tagliatelle with Cilantro Pesto and Chicken.