Lemon chicken (chinese style). A step-by-step picture recipe for Chinese style lemon chicken. Lemon chicken is quite a common dish in Chinese restaurants in India and it's always been one of my favorites. Although, I have seen the dish featured here in some Chinese places, it's not as common and popular as its sister dish, Orange.
Chinese Lemon Chicken is a Chinese food favorite and one of my go to's because the sauce is so easy to make and has such a great sweet and sour flavor without needing all the red food coloring. Just a few ingredients and you'll be glad you didn't pick up the phone and call your favorite delivery spot. This is my newly developed Chinese lemon chicken recipe that has been well tested. You can cook Lemon chicken (chinese style) by using 20 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve it:
Ingredients of Lemon chicken (chinese style)
- It’s of MARINATE.
- It’s 2 tbsp of soy sauce.
- It’s 1 pinch of of salt.
- Prepare of BATTER.
- You need 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of water..
- You need 1 pinch of of salt.
- You need 1 pinch of of pepper.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of corn flour.
- You need of SAUCE.
- You need 2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of sugar.
- It’s 3/4 cup of chicken broth.
- It’s 1 tbsp of corn flour.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 3 slice of lemon.
- It’s 1 of yellow food coloring (optional).
- Prepare of MAIN INGREDIENT.
- It’s 2 of skinless, boneless chicken breast (cut into cubes).
The goal is to create a method with chicken that is crispy even after doused with the sauce, and the outstanding lemon flavor lingers on your palate. Chinese Lemon Chicken is a close match to the super popular Orange chicken in flavor but not presentation. Lemon Chicken – easy and crispy chicken with tangy and sweet lemon sauce. This Chinese lemon chicken recipe is much better than takeouts and takes Lemon chicken recipe – Crispy fried chicken with zesty and citrusy lemon sauce.
Lemon chicken (chinese style) instructions
- Marinate chicken with soy sauce and salt for 30mins..
- Mix all the ingredients for batter. If too runny, add some more corn flour. Mix it so that it will coat the chicken nicely.
- Coat the chicken into the batter and fry it until golden brown. Don't overcook. Strain the oil, put it on top of kitchen paper. Wipe it if you hate oily food..
- For the sauce (you can make the sauce 1st while waiting for the chicken) : Melt butter under low heat. Pour chicken broth in..
- When boiling, add lemon juice and sugar..
- Dissolve corn flour with some water, pour inside sauce. Stir until it thicken. Add lemon slices and yellow food coloring (optional). Remove pan from heat..
- Serve with rice and stir fry veggies..
Healthy, delicious, quick, and easy recipe to make at home. This Chinese lemon chicken is crispy battered chicken breast pieces smothered in a sweet and tangy lemon sauce. The first step to making Chinese lemon chicken is to batter and fry your chicken pieces. I use chunks of boneless skinless chicken breasts, but chicken thighs will also work just fine. Lemon chicken is the name of several dishes found in cuisines around the world which include chicken and lemon.