Traditional Greek Salad. Greek salad is one of the most famous salads out there. Greek salad or horiatiki salad (Greek: χωριάτικη σαλάτα or θερινή σαλάτα) is a popular salad in Greek cuisine generally made with pieces of tomatoes, cucumbers, onion, feta cheese. Today I show you how to make a traditional greek salad.
We loved eating the Meditteranean diet on our Our take on the Traditional Greek Salad we came home loving. A classic Greek Salad recipe with a homemade Greek Salad dressing made with red wine vinegar. No lettuce – by all means, throw lettuce in if you want, but a traditional Greek salad does not have. You can create Traditional Greek Salad by using 10 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you can create it:
Ingredients of Traditional Greek Salad
- Prepare 1/2 of cucumber, cubed (peeled and seeded).
- It’s 1 of med/lg tomato, cubed.
- You need 1/4 of red onion, roughly chopped.
- It’s 2 oz of Greek olives, sliced.
- Prepare 1/8 cup of feta cheese, cubed (or crumbled).
- It’s 1/8 cup of olive oil.
- It’s 1 tbs of dried oregano.
- You need 1/2 tsp of crushed red pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of granulated garlic (or minced).
- You need to taste of Salt & Pepper,.
A full guide of authentic Greek salad recipes and all the tips you need to take your dishes to the next level! Are you looking for the traditional Greek salad recipe (xoriatiki)? The Greek salad horiatiki is a salad as refreshing and generous as the summer sun. How to make a traditional Greek salad.
Traditional Greek Salad instructions
- Combine all ingredients and mix well. Refrigerate for 30-45 mins before serving. ENJOY!.
Chop the tomatoes and cucumber and add straight to your serving dish. A traditional Greek salad is a staple in just about any Greek restaurant anywhere in the world. This salad has many individual variations, but here are the basics to work from. Greek salad, also known as village salad or horiatiki is the national dish of Greece, consisting of quartered tomatoes, sliced red onions, and chunky slices of cucumber. This chunky Greek salad recipe is quick to make and packed with protein.