jalapeño mac n cheese. Hey guys how about a mac 'n' cheese with NO CHEESE?!! This easy, quick, comforting dish will be a favourite around every family table whether you're vegan. The one Mac and cheese recipe you need to try… immediately!
It whips up really fast and doesn't require a roux based cheese sauce, which can be tricky for new cooks (or just those new to cheese sauces). Gooey, deep-fried mac 'n' cheese sticks coated in crispy jalapeño potato chips are your next snacking obsession. Dip a mac 'n' cheese baton into the flour until lightly coated, then dip into egg, then coat well with crushed chips. You can have jalapeño mac n cheese using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of jalapeño mac n cheese
- You need 8 oz of macaroni pasta.
- It’s 4 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of flour.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of half and half.
- Prepare 5 oz of boursin cheese.
- You need 8 oz of sharp cheddar.
- You need 4 oz of chopped jalapeño, drained.
- It’s 1 cup of bread crumbs.
- It’s 2 tbsp of melted butter.
If needed, dip again in the egg, then in the chips. Macaroni and cheese is the perfect vehicle for jalapeno pepper goodness. All that dairy helps to neutralize the heat so that by the time it hits your We've got a similar roux-based, rich, uber-cheesy sauce – and lots of it, so that the end result is nice and creamy. Baked mac and cheese that comes.
jalapeño mac n cheese step by step
- Grease a 2-quart baking dish. Heat oven to 350°..
- Cook the pasta in boiling water following package directions. Drain and rinse; set aside..
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, melt butter. Add the flour and cook, stirring, until smooth and bubbly. Add the milk or half-and-half and Boursin cheese. Cook, stirring, until hot and thickened. Add the cheese and peppers. Cook, stirring, until cheese has melted. Add salt and pepper, to taste. Combine the sauce with the pasta and stir to blend. Spoon into prepared baking dish..
- Toss melted butter and bread crumbs together and sprinkle over the casserole. Bake for about 25 minutes, or until bubbly and lightly browned..
Garganelli Mac 'n Cheese with Roasted Jalapeños & Bacon If you love mac n cheese, bacon & spicy food – combine them all with Cabot Creamery's delicious Bacon Jalapeno Mac Spice up your favorite mac and cheese with enough smoky bacon and roasted jalapenos to really make that dish sing. This spicy mac and cheese is going to be your new family favorite. Distribute the mixture evenly in the prepared skillet or baking dish, and sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top. Add the cheese sauce, scallions, and jalapeños to the pasta and gently stir to combine. I added a roasted pepper to the mix for extra kick and flavor!