You can cook Rhubarb Tart using 19 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Rhubarb Tart
- Prepare of INGREDIENTS for 21cm tart.
- Prepare of Tart Dough:.
- Prepare 180 g of Butter.
- It’s 95 g of Sugar.
- Prepare 60 g of Egg (about 1 Egg).
- You need 40 g of Ground Almonds.
- Prepare 250 g of Flour.
- You need of Filling (Rhubarb Jam).
- You need 250 g of Rhubarb.
- You need 50 g of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 g of Vanilla Essence.
- Prepare of Filling.
- You need of Eggs:.
- It’s 2 of Eggs.
- It’s 90 g of Sugar.
- It’s 200 g of Cream.
- It’s of Ingredients for Exterior:.
- It’s 1 of Egg for egg wash.
- Prepare of Vanilla Ice Cream.
Rhubarb Tart step by step
- Rhubarb Jam:.
- Cut the rhubarb into pieces..
- Add the rhubarb pieces and sugar to a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat and reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, stirring occasionally for 30 min or until the fibers are softened..
- Let cool. Set aside until use..
- Tart Dough:.
- Preheat oven to 350F..
- Prepare tart dough. Bake following the making method. Bake until edges are lightly golden. (http://www.chez-k.org/classics/rhubarb-tart/).
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg for the egg wash. Brush the egg solution on the surface of the tart..
- Bake another 5 min or until the egg wash is dry..
- Filling & build-up:.
- Add the eggs and sugar to a medium saucepan and whisk well..
- Add the cream and whisk well..
- Strain the solution and wrap the top. Keep in your fridge for at least 30 min..
- Spread the rhubarb jam on the tart crust while the tart crust is still hot..
- Pour the egg solution into the tart crust..
- Place the mold on the middle rack of the oven. Bake for 60 min or until the filling is solid. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack..
- Decorate as you like. Our recommendation is to serve it with vanilla ice cream..