Italian stuffed peppers with turkey and quinoa. Combine quinoa and chicken stock in a saucepan. Cook five more minutes (cheese will melt and begin to brown). This Italian Stuffed Peppers recipe is gluten-free and could easily be made dairy-free by omitting the cheese on top although it does make them extra delicious!
Subbed out the rice for quinoa and added some kale and then topped them off with. Stuffed Peppers with Turkey & Quinoa. Roasted red peppers filled with spiced ground turkey and quinoa. You can have Italian stuffed peppers with turkey and quinoa by using 16 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is what you need to do to cook it:
Ingredients of Italian stuffed peppers with turkey and quinoa
- You need 2 Tbsp of avocado oil.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of sweet paprika.
- Prepare 1/2 of Italian seasoning.
- It’s 1/2 of onion.
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 1 can of diced tomatoes.
- It’s of Few dashes of Worcester sauce.
- Prepare 2 cups of favorite tomato sauce.
- It’s 1/2 cup of red wine or white wine.
- You need 1 tsp of fresh Thyme.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan.
- You need Packet of ground turkey.
- Prepare 4 of peppers.
- Prepare of Shredded cheese for top (mozz recommended).
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of cooked quinoa.
- Prepare of Fresh basil for garnish.
A nutrient powerhouse of colorful vegetables stuffed with lean protein. I filled these green peppers with ground turkey, quinoa, red sauce and Italian seasonings. This recipe has plenty of flavor and is hearty enough to satisfy even the biggest of appetites. Fill the pepper halves with the turkey-quinoa mixture, then spoon some of the tomato sauce mixture over the peppers; pour the rest on the bottom of the dish.
Italian stuffed peppers with turkey and quinoa step by step
- Toast dry spices in avocado oil for a few mins. Add onion,garlic, thyme and cook till translucent. Add turkey and cook till no pink shows. Add can tomatoes, tomato sauce and wine and allow to reduce. Add Parmesan and allow to melt..
- Mix quinoa to the turkey mixture..
- Cut peppers in half and remove stems and seeds. Put peppers on a sheet pan and fill with turkey quinoa mixture. Top peppers with shredded cheese. Bake at 400 for 15 mins or until peppers are tender. Top with fresh basil..
Add in the turkey and Italian seasoning, and cook until no longer pink. In a large bowl, combine the quinoa and turkey mixture. If you'd like, top the pepper with some mozzarella cheese. My baked stuffed peppers recipe has less carbs than the standard. Try Italian Stuffed Peppers w/ turkey tonight.