Sundried tomato & Pesto Ravioli. This homemade sun-dried tomatoes recipe is super easy to make in the oven and irresistibly delicious. Trying to figure out what to do with that end-of-the-summer bumper crop of tomatoes from the garden?! All drying times below are approximate.
Plus, how to use homemade sun-dried tomatoes in recipes and how to store them. I love sundried tomatoes, it's so nice to know that I can make them at home so easily! While fresh tomatoes are plump, firm and juicy, sun dried tomatoes are shriveled, chewy, and darker than the fresh version. You can have Sundried tomato & Pesto Ravioli using 18 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sundried tomato & Pesto Ravioli
- It’s of For the ravioli dough.
- It’s 65 gms of maida/ all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of oil.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of water approximately.
- You need of For the stuffing.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 tsp of basil pesto.
- It’s 1 tsp of cheese spread.
- Prepare of For the sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of finely chopped garlic.
- You need 1/4 tsp of chilli flakes.
- You need 1/2 tsp of finely chopped basil.
- It’s 3 tbsp of thick pizza/pasta sauce.
- It’s of For garnish.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Fresh basil.
- You need 1 tbsp of Parmesan.
They also pack an incredibly intense tomato flavor that makes a wonderful. Tuna & sundried tomato pasta bake. An easy storecupboard supper, that can be Sundried tomato soda bread baps. These craggy bread buns use bicarbonate of soda instead of yeast – serve with.
Sundried tomato & Pesto Ravioli instructions
- For the ravioli dough, in a plate take maida, add salt & oil and rub the dough with your hands to get a bread crumbs like consistency, then add water and make a smooth soft dough. Rest the dough for 30 minutes..
- For the ravioli stuffing, in a bowl take finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes, pesto & cheese spread mix nicely and keep aside..
- For the tomato sauce, in a pan heat 1tbsp olive oil, once the oil becomes hot add garlic, chilli flakes & sauce it for 30 seconds, then add finely chopped basil & again saute it for 10 seconds, then add pre-made pizza/pasta sauce, little water, salt, ketchup, oregano and mix well..
- To make ravioli, roll a small ball of dough into a long strip, then cut rounds using a cookie cutter, then place a small quantity of stuffing in the centre of one circle and apply water on the edges and cover with another circle, press it with your finger tips and then with fork. Similarly get all the ravioli ready..
- Boil water in a pan, once the water boils add salt, oil and then add 6-7 raviolis at once, in the beginning you will see that the ravioli has sunk down, once it boils for 3-4 minutes it will float to the top, that means the ravioli is cooked and you can remove it in a strainer and slash some cold water on them..
- Then toss the ravioli in the tomato sauce and serve them hot. Garnish with fresh basil & parmesan cheese.
Homemade sun-dried tomatoes are quite easy to make at home. How to Make Homemade Sun-Dried Tomatoes. Once smooth, add the sun-dried tomatoes, and pulse until they have been chopped to very small pieces and are incorporated into the hummus. After our San Marzano tomatoes started reddening its oblong masses, we decided to go super old school and slowly drying the tomatoes in the sun over. Sun-dried tomatoes are fresh tomatoes that have been dried in the sun or in a dehydrator.