spinach and cheese empanada. These delicious empanadas are filled with sautéed garlic spinach and a creamy cheese sauce. Brush the edges of one heart lightly. Empanadas are always a good idea!
Add the reserved spinach, crumbled bacon, cottage cheese, salt and pepper to taste and nutmeg and mix thoroughly. Transfer to a mixing bowl and allow to cool thoroughly. Recipe: spinach cheese empanadas A lot of our time seems to revolve around friends and food of late. You can cook spinach and cheese empanada using 11 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of spinach and cheese empanada
- You need of empanada pastry.
- Prepare of mushrooms.
- You need of onion.
- It’s of grape tomatoes.
- It’s of black olives fifteen ounce can.
- You need of tomato sauce from cheese empanadas.
- It’s of ricotta cheese.
- Prepare of dried sweet basil.
- You need of frozen chopped spinach ten ounces each.
- It’s of granulated garlic powder.
- Prepare of margarine.
This spinach cheese filling is far less labor intensive than the beef filling. I have to fess up – I've never had a vegetarian empanada before, mostly because they didn't appeal to me. Impress your guests with these simple but impressive spinach, chorizo and cheese empanadas for a hearty snack or starter to share. Just when you thought empanadas couldn't get any better, this recipe with bacon, spinach and cheese came along.
spinach and cheese empanada instructions
- sweat th the onions in a pan with olive oil.
- slice the mushrooms.
- sate the mushrooms in a stick of margarine.
- slice the olives sate them in the leftover oil the onions were in.
- slice the tomatoes.
- add tomatoes to oil the olives were in cook till tender add basil here.
- remove the mushrooms add spinach to it add salt garlic cover cook till tender.
- mix ricotta cheese and spinach add half of the onions.
- add half of the mushrooms.
- add half the black olives.
- add half tomatoes.
- add a thin layer of sauce to empanada sheet mix all the vegetables together.
- fold pastry crimp and deep fry.
A flaky pie crust encloses flavorful chorizo, spinach, cheese and salsa. Your taste buds will thank you for making this empanada! Fold untopped portion of each crust over filling; press with fork, or roll and flute with fingers to seal. Prick tops of empanadas several times with fork. This spinach empanada recipe for instance, from Great British Chefs whom I fully respect, demanded Torta del Casar.