fried cornbread with opitional jalapeños. Kick your everyday buttermilk cornbread up a notch with the addition of jalapeño peppers, shredded cheese, and sweet corn kernels. This spicy cornbread is not for the faint of heart! It has plenty of jalapeno peppers, so you may want to keep a glass of water nearby.
Fried Cornbread (Southern Style). by Seasoned Cook. Stir in diced jalapenos and cheddar cheese. Quickly stir in hot sautéed corn and onion mixture, just mixing in slightly. You can cook fried cornbread with opitional jalapeños using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of fried cornbread with opitional jalapeños
- It’s 1 cup of sr cornmeal.
- It’s 1 cup of sr flour.
- It’s 1/4 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 large of egg.
- It’s 12 oz of can of evaporated milk.
- You need 1/4 cup of diced jalapeños and a little juice from jar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of powdered turmeric.
Here is a SUPER SIMPLE RECIPE!!!!! With a taste of the SOUTH!!!! Fired cornbread is a must have with pinto beans, veggie soup or really any soup. What's so great about cornbread is its versatility.
fried cornbread with opitional jalapeños instructions
- mix all dry ingredients.
- add all the wet ingredients egg included mix all very well.
- get frying pan hot add mixture to pan in small batches.
- cook like pancakes repeat till done.
- I added jalapeños to the last part of mix making about 7.
Great for breakfast with sweet butter, or with bacon, great for dinner with a bowl of chili. Combine the wet and dry ingredients, stirring till all ingredients are well incorporated, stir in the jalapenos and corn. A sweet jalapeno cornbread made with real corn and a kick of fresh jalapeno peppers. This is a slightly spiced version of my favorite It's not gritty or too dry, and it's generously sweetened (I know some people are strictly divided about whether corn bread ought to. Cheddar- and jalapeño-flecked cornbread muffins are all too easy to love.