Orecchiette with Sausage, Cauliflower, Peas and Breadcrumbs. In this dish, a duo of orecchiette pasta and cauliflower is tossed with a light, aromatic butter sauce, which highlights shallot, capers, red pepper flakes, and more. A sprinkling of garlic-toasted breadcrumbs finishes the dish with delightfully crispy contrast. Leeks pair well with spring ingredients like spinach and peas.
Orecchiette With Sausage And Peas Recipe by Mark Calaminici Keywords: broccoli rabe orecchiette sausage, orecchiette pasta with broccoli rabe and sausage, orecchiette with sausage and broccoli rabe. Love this recipe but will make with broccoli or peas next time. You can cook Orecchiette with Sausage, Cauliflower, Peas and Breadcrumbs using 12 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Orecchiette with Sausage, Cauliflower, Peas and Breadcrumbs
- Prepare 1 head of cauliflower.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need of Pepper.
- It’s 4 links of Italian sweet sausage.
- Prepare 1 pound of orecchiette pasta.
- You need 1 of onion.
- It’s Splash of white wine.
- You need 1 can of peas.
- It’s of Breadcrumbs (toasted).
- It’s of Grated Parmesan cheese.
- It’s of Parsley.
I find broccoli rabe to be a hit or miss with bitter levels. I'm a veggie lover and this veg is. This recipe for orecchiette with caramelized cauliflower, shallots, and herbed breadcrumbs comes from "Scott Conant's New Italian Cooking." All Reviews for Orecchiette with Caramelized Cauliflower, Shallots, and Herbed Breadcrumbs. A simple pasta with layers of texture from slightly charred cauliflower and Brussels sprouts and crispy fried breadcrumbs.
Orecchiette with Sausage, Cauliflower, Peas and Breadcrumbs instructions
- Put olive oil salt and pepper on one head of cut up cauliflower and roast in oven at 425 until crispy (almost black).
- Cook sausage in a large pan and set aside.
- Add some olive oil to the pan where you cooked the sausage and sauté an onion until caramelized.
- Meanwhile, boil water and start cooking the orecchiette.
- Add a splash of white wine to onions and cook off the alcohol.
- Add a ladle of pasta water to the onions and stir.
- Add one can of peas and sausage to the onions.
- Add the pasta to the pan with the peas and onions and stir. Remove from heat and put pasta in large bowl.
- Mix cauliflower in with the pasta.
- Top with grated cheese and toasted breadcrumbs (to toast the bread crumbs, add a little oil to a small pan on high heat and add breadcrumbs. Constantly stir to avoid burning).
- Finish with fresh parsley.
Putting a few breadcrumbs in a pasta dish is a common Italian trick that adds the right counterpoint of texture, taste and color to a simple sauce. Here I've paired them with some peppery fall cauliflower and salty pancetta. Owing to the current shortage of pine nuts, I've substituted unsalted pepitos – hulled. "orecchiette cauliflower, breadcrumbs, pancetta pepitos". ×. Dinner Tonight: Orecchiette. click here to see more like this. Vegetables play an important role in the cuisine of India, and cauliflower and peas are a favorite combination.