You can have Macaroni Schotle using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Macaroni Schotle
- It’s 250 g of macaroni (this time I used Fusilli).
- You need 250 g of minced chicken.
- You need 300 ml of fresh milk.
- You need 50 g of cream cheese.
- It’s 100 g of cheddar cheese shredded.
- You need 1 of whole brown onion.
- You need 5 cloves of Garlic.
- You need 1 tbs of dried basil.
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
- It’s 2 tbs of butter.
- You need 2 of large eggs.
Macaroni Schotle step by step
- Boil the pasta until it's cooked, but not too soft.
- At the same time, on a frying pan, sautè the onion and garlic which already sliced into small pieces, and add dried basil.
- Once the onion is softened, add the minced chicken, salt and pepper according to your taste.
- To the sauteed chicken, once the chicken turns white, add 100ml of fresh milk and 50gr of cream cheese.
- Then add the pasta that you have boiled.
- Put the pasta mix into a casserole.
- With the remaining milk, use a small pot to boil, add salet and pepper and shredded cheddar (keep some for the topping). Let the sauce cool down a bit then add 2 eggs to the mixture.
- Pour the above mixture onto the pasta and bake for about 30mins over 175° heat.
- After 30min, add the shredded cheddar on the top and continue to bake for another 15min or until the cheese turns golden color, use the top heat at this stage.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle some chopped parsley on top (optional).
- Serve it while it's hot. Enjoy!.