Iz's Galette des Rois.
You can have Iz's Galette des Rois using 9 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Iz's Galette des Rois
- It’s 3 1/2 ounces of softened butter.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sugar.
- You need 1/8 teaspoon of almond extract.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of rum.
- Prepare 1 cup of almond flour.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of orange zest.
- It’s pinch of salt.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 pound of puff pastry.
Iz's Galette des Rois instructions
- Cream together softened butter, sugar, extract, and rum.
- Mix together almond flour, salt, zest.
- Add flour mixture and eggs, whip until fluffy. Set aside..
- Roll out the pastry to a rectangle large enough to cut 2 – 9 inch rounds..
- Cut rounds. Eggwash around the edge of each..
- Place frangipane in center of one round..
- Top with second round with egg washed edges touching..
- Place on parchment lined sheet pan.
- Egg wash the top of the round..
- Crimp edges of round. Press a finger down on the edge while pushing the back edge of a paring knife toward the center of the round..
- With a sharp paring knife, score the top of the round. I draw three lines and then put a herring bone pattern between them. You are not cutting completely through the dough, only about halfway..
- Bake in a preheated 375°F oven for 30 minutes..