Orecchiette Pasta with Bacon, Kale and Sundried Tomatoes.
You can have Orecchiette Pasta with Bacon, Kale and Sundried Tomatoes using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Orecchiette Pasta with Bacon, Kale and Sundried Tomatoes
- It’s 8 oz of orecchiette pasta.
- You need 3 of strips of center cut bacon.
- Prepare 3 cup of fresh kale.
- It’s 1/3 cup of oil packed sundried tomatoes, drained and chopped.
- You need 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- You need 3 tbsp of walnut oil.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt & pepper.
- You need 1 of romano cheese shavings for garnish.
Orecchiette Pasta with Bacon, Kale and Sundried Tomatoes step by step
- Boil orecchiette pasta until al dente about 8 minutes. Drain, rinse and transfer to a large mixing bowl..
- Cook bacon until crispy. Drain on paper towels and let cool. Chop into small bite size pieces..
- Chop raw kale into small bite sized pieces. Boil kale for 3 to 4 minutes. Blanch in cold water when done cooking after straining. Remove from water and add to pasta mixture..
- Drain sundried tomatoes out of oil and roughly chop into small pieces. Add to the pasta..
- Mix pasta thoroughly then add parmesan cheese, lemon juice, salt & pepper and walnut oil. Give it a good toss together. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve. Garnish pasta salad with fresh romano cheese shavings..
- ** This salad can be served either warm or cold to your liking.**.
- (Adapted from Cooking Light).