Bolognese with vegetables. This meaty Bolognese hides lots of lovely vegetables, making it a healthy recipe for all the family. Equipment and preparation: For this recipe you will need a hand-held blender or a food processor. Pulse the vegetables until finely chopped but still chunky.
This yummy bolognese recipe is stuffed with hidden veggies and cooked in the slow cooker for an easy kid-friendly meal the whole family will love! Loaded with vegetables, this mushroom and lentil vegan spaghetti bolognese sauce is a delicious and familiar go-to family meal that will be enjoyed by everyone. A simple Vegetarian bolognese recipe for you to cook a great meal for family or friends. You can cook Bolognese with vegetables using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Bolognese with vegetables
- You need 200 g of mince beef.
- You need 200 g of fusilli pasta or other of choice.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion, finely diced.
- It’s 3 of tomatoes, peeled and diced.
- You need 1 tbsp of tomato puree.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil, plus extra drizzle.
- You need 1 of stock cube.
- Prepare 150 ml of hot water, plus extra if needed.
- Prepare 2-3 tbsp of ketchup.
- You need 60 ml of white wine.
- Prepare 1 of small courgette, diced.
- Prepare 1 of medium carrot, peeled and diced.
- It’s 1/2 of red bell pepper, diced.
- It’s 1/2 of Green bell pepper, diced.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Prepare to taste of Ground black pepper.
- Prepare Handful of fresh chives, sliced.
Buy the ingredients for our Vegetarian bolognese recipe from Tesco today. This is a great bolognese sauce with hidden vegetable recipe. Perfect for the fussy toddler, you can add in any vegetables you like or have on hand in the fridge. I doubled the vegetables, but kept the tomato sauce quantity the same.
Bolognese with vegetables instructions
- Boil the pasta according to packet instructions. Once cooked drain well and set aside..
- Fry the onions in olive oil over a medium heat. Then add beef and season with salt and pepper..
- Add the white wine, ketchup, 1 tomato, tomato puree, stock cube and water. Reduce heat slightly and allow to simmer for around 15-20 minutes until the sauce has thickened and reduced..
- In a frying pan fry heat a drizzle of olive oil over medium-low heat. Add the chives and fry for a minute or so then add the courgette, carrots, bell peppers and 2 tomatoes. Fry gently for 5-10 minutes. Stir occasionally..
- Add the vegetables to the meat and toss well to combine. Add a little sugar if needed and season with salt and pepper, again if needed. Continue to gently cook if the vegetables are not fully cooked. Add a little more water if needed to keep it from burning..
- Add the pasta to a deep dish and top with the meat and vegetables. Serve immediately..
Slow-simmered bolognese sauce ranks high among comfort dishes that make diners swoon. A well-prepared ragu of this kind takes most of the day to prepare, perfuming the whole house in the process. This Mushroom Bolognese recipe is an easy, hearty, and oh-so-delicious vegetarian (and vegan!) take on traditional bolognese. This mushroom bolognese is an easy, low fat, vegan bolognese version of the family favourite, spaghetti bolognese. Strain the porcini mushrooms, reserving the porcini mushroom liquid.