Homemade Orecchiette with Cabbage, Dill & Pancetta.
You can have Homemade Orecchiette with Cabbage, Dill & Pancetta using 9 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Homemade Orecchiette with Cabbage, Dill & Pancetta
- It’s of Orecchiette.
- Prepare 1 cup of semolina, plus extra to dust tray.
- You need 1/2 cup of typ '00' or all purpose flour, plus extra for dusting.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of hand-warm water.
- It’s of Cabbage.
- Prepare 1/4 of savoy cabbage, shredded and chopped into 1 inch pieces.
- You need 2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of fresh dill, chopped.
- You need 8 slice of thinly sliced smoked pancetta, broiled until crispy on both sides.
Homemade Orecchiette with Cabbage, Dill & Pancetta step by step
- Put semolina and flour in a bowl..
- Make a well in the middle with your hand and add the water bit by bit, swirling your hand til it makes a dough..
- Put the dough onto a floured surface and knead it, adding more flour to the surface if it sticks, and knead for 10 minutes..
- Spray a piece if plastic wrap with cooking spray or a little olive oil wiped over with kitchen paper, then wrap the dough and refridgerate it for 30 minutes.
- Put a large pot of salt water on to boil..
- Take out the dough and sprinkle a baking tray with semolina..
- Put flour on the work surface, and on your hands..
- Take a piece of dough about the size of a glass marble, roll into a ball in the palm if your hand, then cup your palm, place your other thumb firmly into the middle of the ball of dough and drag it down towards your wrist to make a curled 'ear' shape out of the bit of dough. Let it drop off your hand onto the baking tray.
- Get more flour on your hand and repeat until all the dough is used up..
- Shake the orecchiette off the tray, carefully into the boiling water. You may need to use a slotted spoon to gently move them off the bottom off the pan. Give the pan a shake to move them about a bit..
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, melt the butter, then add the dill, followed by the cabbage and season with salt and black pepper..
- Stir around until the cabbage is wilted and coated with butter and dill..
- Use the slotted spoon to take the orecchiette out of the water and put it straight in with the cabbage. Give it all another good stir..
- Serve in warm bowls, with the crispy pancetta broken into pieces on top..