Spring pasta – vegan. Vegan Spring Pasta with asparagus, green peas and a creamy vegan basil lemon sauce. Does it feel like spring where you live? Spring Vegan Recipes – From March to June, celebrate the bounties of spring with any one of These delicious recipes highlighting beautiful spring produce include Lemony Asparagus Pasta Salad.
Pour vegan Alfredo sauce on top of drained pasta. Vegan pasta recipes can be just as delicious as their creamy and cheesy counterparts! This vegan noodle bowl is everything that's great about a spring roll, in bowl form! You can cook Spring pasta – vegan using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spring pasta – vegan
- Prepare of Pasta – cooked according to the type you’re using; i used orecchiette today – keep some of the cooking water to add.
- Prepare 1 bunch of asparagus – snap the woody ends off and then cut into 3cm slices (after snapping the ends off, this was just over 300g).
- Prepare 80 g of peas.
- You need of Some water.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil – + extra.
- It’s 1 of wet garlic bulb sliced or 2-3 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed.
- Prepare of Zest from 1 lemon (or even 2).
- It’s of Juice of 1/2-1 lemon.
- You need 1 cup of chopped leafy herbs – today i used parsley and wild garlic; mint would be good too.
- You need of Butter (can be vegan) – optional.
- You need of Sea salt and black pepper.
- Prepare Handful of toasted pinenuts or crushed hazelnuts.
This spring vegan pasta e fagioli is perfect for a healthy, quick and delicious weeknight meal! I made you guys this spring vegan pasta e fagioli and not to toot my own horn, but it is outstanding! There's still plenty of tender veggies and creamy luxe sauces to be had, even if each of these dinner ideas are totally plant-based. Now that it's late April and we've been having some beautiful weather, I'm unofficially declaring No obscure vegan ingredients needed for this lovely dairy-free spring pasta!
Spring pasta – vegan instructions
- Cook the pasta according to whichever type you’re using. When you drain it, keep some of the cooking water for the sauce..
- Get everything ready before starting as it’s quite quick to cook. Put the asparagus and peas in a pan (with a lid for later). Add water so it’s about 2 cm deep. Put the lid in. Bring to the boil and simmer until the asparagus goes bright green. It will only take 2 mins or so. This is steaming the vegetables so they keep their colour and crunch. Drain the vegetables and set to one side..
- Using the same pan (dry off any remaining water), heat the oil. Add the garlic and sauté for 2 mins..
- Add the peas and asparagus. Sauté for about 3-5 mins until they are tender..
- Add the herbs and lemon zest and juice to the asparagus mix. And stir in the pasta. Add 2-4 tbsp of the pasta cooking water..
- Take off the heat. If you want, stir about a tbsp of butter through so it melts. Or you could add a drizzle of olive oil..
- Add the nuts and stir through. Season with a generous pinch or two of sea salt and a few grinds of pepper. Enjoy 😋.
Pasta is naturally vegan, super delicious, and way versatile. Sounds like an easy question to answer, right? Is pasta vegan, or is this simple pleasure a thing of the past for us plant-based practitioners? This healthy Spring Pesto Pasta combines homemade vegan pesto, peas, asparagus and artichokes, for a perfect, one-pot weeknight meal! Vegetarian pasta is a great way to make the most out of the fresh flavours of seasonal veg.