Stuffed Crust Black Iron Skillet Pizza. Make crispy crust pizza at home with this cast iron skillet pizza! Follow my step by step photos with special tips to ensure pizza success. Simply using a cast iron skillet as your pizza vessel does not make your crust crispy.
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Includes recipes for pizza dough and sauce. The perfect Friday night pizza recipe! You can cook Stuffed Crust Black Iron Skillet Pizza using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Stuffed Crust Black Iron Skillet Pizza
- It’s of For the dough.
- Prepare of (3/4) Cup warm water.
- Prepare of (1) tsp active dry yeast.
- Prepare of (2) Cups floor.
- Prepare of (3/4) tsp salt.
- Prepare of (2) tbsp olive oil.
- You need of For The Pizza.
- Prepare of (1) Can pizza sauce.
- Prepare of (1 1/2) Cups Mozzarella cheese.
- It’s of (1/2) Cup mushrooms.
- Prepare of (1) Sliced up bell pepper.
- It’s of (5) String cheese.
- Prepare of (1) Tomato.
- It’s of (Other toppings as desired. Pepperoni or sausage ect).
Check out this method for making cast-iron skillet pizza. Pizza stones heat up as the oven heats up; when you slide pizza onto the hot stone it provides it with a searing burst of heat, helping the yeast inside it push the dough to lofty heights, and giving home cooks the chance to achieve a crispy, chewy. What could be better than a pan skillet pizza with a crust that's crispy on the outside, soft and chewy on the inside? My recipe uses a cast iron skillet (man I love my cast iron pans), but you could make these in a round cake pan as well 🙂.
Stuffed Crust Black Iron Skillet Pizza step by step
- Make the dough. In a medium bowl add the warm water and yeast. Stir. Let stand about 5 minutes or until frothing. Add flour, salt and olive oil. Mix. Remove to a floured surface. Knead 5 minutes. Return to bowl and let rise until doubled..
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit..
- Lightly coat cast iron skillet. Heat on stove top for a few minutes..
- Roll out the dough big enough to cover bottom and walls of the skillet with a little to spare for the stuffed crust..
- Use an oven mit to remove skillet from stove. Skillet is HOT so be careful..
- Carefully lay dough crust in pan, crust overlapping walls. Add string cheese all around the bottom of walls on top of crust inside the skillet. Fold excess dough back over into skillet and pinch down to encase the string cheese..
- Add pizza sauce to the bottom. Mozzarella, mushrooms, tomatoes and finally bell pepper..
- Brush crust with butter or egg for browner crust..
- Using hand mit. Place in oven. Cook for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes raise temperature to 450 degrees Fahrenheit for another 10-12 minutes..
- Remove from oven. Let rest. Slice and Enjoy!.
I've heard of "no knead" breads before (will be trying that soon. This cast iron skillet pizza has all the components of a dream pie. First, this dough is simple to make and bakes up ridiculously crisp. Homemade crispy crust, gooey cheese, and all of your favorite toppings are loaded into this cast iron skillet pizza. This Cast Iron Skillet Pizza is one of my new favorite recipes.