Cantonese Pork Belly.
You can cook Cantonese Pork Belly by using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can make that:
Ingredients of Cantonese Pork Belly
- Prepare of slab pork belly.
- You need of Shaoxing wine.
- Prepare of salt.
- Prepare of sugar.
- You need of five spice powder.
- It’s of white pepper.
- You need of rice wine vinegar.
- You need of coarse salt.
Cantonese Pork Belly step by step
- Rinse pork and pat dry, place skin side down on plate. Rub meat with Shaoxing wine, not the skin..
- Mix the salt, sugar, five spice, and white pepper together and rub into meat..
- Turn the pork belly over and use a meat tenderizer or small fork to poke tiny holes all over the skin. Then set meat in refrigerator and allow to dry for 12 to 24 hrs..
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Using aluminum foil, create a tray around the pork belly that is snug against the sides..
- Brush the exposed skin with rice wine vinegar, then cover the top of the pork in coarse salt. Bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes..
- Remove the pork from the pan, unfold the foil and remove the layer of salt. Set it on a roasting rack on a pan..
- Move your oven rack to the lowest point and set the broiler at 450F. Broil for 10 to 15 minutes until the skin puffs up..