You can have Sausage Pasta using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sausage Pasta
- You need 8 of sausages.
- You need 1 of onion.
- It’s 2 of peppers.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic.
- You need 1 tsp of dried chilli flakes.
- Prepare 200 ml of red wine.
- It’s 1 tin (400 g) of chopped tomatoes.
- You need 500 g of fusilli pasta.
- You need of Olive oil, salt, pepper.
Sausage Pasta instructions
- Heat a large frying pan, or wok, with a drizzle of olive oil. Cut each sausage into 5 chunks and fry in the pan until golden brown. Set aside in a bowl..
- While the sausages are cooking prepare the veg. Slice the onion into half moons, the peppers into strips and crush the garlic..
- Sauté the veg and chilli flakes in the pan used for the sausages (you may need to add a bit more oil) for 3-5 minutes, careful not to burn the onion and garlic..
- Meanwhile put a pan of water on to boil, with plenty of salt, and cook the pasta following the pack instructions..
- Add the sausages and wine to the veg and let the alcohol bubble away. Once reduced add the tin of tomatoes and cook for another 8-10 minutes until the sauce reduces to a nice thick consistency. Season to taste..
- Serve the sausage sauce with the pasta and top with lots of cheese.