Meyer Lemon Cake.
You can cook Meyer Lemon Cake using 13 ingredients and 21 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Meyer Lemon Cake
- It’s 1 tbsp of Almond meal.
- You need of Cooking spray.
- Prepare of Parchment paper.
- You need 50 grams of Almond meal.
- It’s 210 grams of Flour (1.5 cup).
- Prepare 5 grams of Baking powder (1 teaspoon).
- You need 4 grams of Sea salt (3/4 teaspoon).
- It’s 200 grams of Sugar.
- You need 2 of Eggs.
- Prepare 100 grams of Milk (1/2 cup).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Lemon extract.
- It’s 4 grams of Meyer lemon zest (from 2 lemons).
- You need 70 grams of Meyer lemon juice (from 2 lemons).
Meyer Lemon Cake step by step
- Heat oven to 350°F or 175 C..
- Grease a loaf pan with cooking spray and line with parchment paper.
- Dust with 1 tablespoon almond meal and tap the excess out.
- Zest two Meyer lemons and set aside.
- In a bowl sift the flour baking soda and salt.
- Juice the lemons and set aside.
- Melt the butter in the microwave (30 seconds to 1 minute).
- Add 1 cup of sugar.
- Mix with an electric mixer on the low setting for 1 minute until just combined.
- Add the eggs, one after the other, beating just long enough to incorporate..
- Add half of the flour mixture and mix until combined.
- Add the milk and mix until combined.
- Add the other half of the flour and mix until combined..
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the lemon extract..
- Fold in the almond meal and the zest.
- Fold with a spatula and transfer to the pan..
- Cook for 55 to 65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out dry and clean.
- Let cake cool..
- Prepare the glaze: in a small saucepan over medium low heat, mix the lemon juice and 2 tablespoons of sugar for 2 minutes (do not boil).
- Poke a few holes in the cake with a toothpick and pour the glaze in the pan.
- Wrap in plastic once cooled and let sit for 24 hours..