Mediterranean Inspired Chicken Stew with Olives, Tomatoes & Potatoes. Mediterranean Chicken with Olives Capers and Tomatoes. You can also cook this in a slow Add olives, capers and tomatoes. This stew you made looks absolutely delicious.
Roasted chicken is a blank canvas for flavor, so after some brainstorming, I came up with Mediterranean Roasted Chicken Thighs with olives, tomatoes. Browning the chicken adds another layer of flavor to this hearty stew. Cook it in two batches to ensure that the The caramelization on the chicken and on the bottom of the pan is what flavors the stew. You can have Mediterranean Inspired Chicken Stew with Olives, Tomatoes & Potatoes using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mediterranean Inspired Chicken Stew with Olives, Tomatoes & Potatoes
- You need 3 pounds of chicken pieces (I like bone-in, skin on).
- You need 2 teaspoons of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- It’s 1.5 Tablespoons of flour.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of oil.
- Prepare 1 of onion, cut into 1/2" wide slices.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic, peeled and smashed.
- Prepare 3 of fresh tomatoes, cut into sixths.
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of dried oregano (or 2 to 3 Tablespoons chopped fresh).
- It’s 2 cups of unsalted liquid (any combo of water, dry white wine, or chicken or veg stock).
- It’s 12 of olives.
- It’s 2 Tablespoons of olive brine.
- You need of zest of half a lemon (optional).
- It’s 2 Tablespoons of lemon juice.
- It’s 1 pound of potatoes, peeled and cut into 1.5-inch cubes.
- It’s of chopped fresh parsley for finishing.
From easy, delicious recipes the whole family will love and inspiring DIYs to creative projects to keep. Mediterranean chicken is a Greek inspired chicken dish made with chicken, olives, capers and tomatoes. There are tons of recipes with different ingredients. NYT Cooking: This rich and fragrant chicken stew is laden with complex flavors and spices reminiscent of the sort you might encounter in a mountainside cafe in Morocco.
Mediterranean Inspired Chicken Stew with Olives, Tomatoes & Potatoes step by step
- Season chicken pieces with the salt and pepper and then dust on both sides with the flour..
- Preheat pot to medium high, add oil, then brown chicken, 4 to 5 minutes a side, or until each side is golden brown. Remove chicken from pot and set aside..
- Add onion and garlic and saute for about 3 minutes until onion turns translucent. Then add tomatoes, bay, oregano, and lemon zest, give it a stir, and let the herbs bloom for a minute or so..
- Add the chicken back along with olives, olive brine, liquid (stock or water). Give it a gentle stir and adjust salt seasoning if needed. Turn heat down to medium, cover, and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Add potatoes and try to submerge them as under the liquid as much as you can. You might like to add another 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of salt to lend a little extra seasoning for the potatoes. Simmer, with lid askew for another 20 minutes or so, stirring occasionally..
- Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley (and maybe add a couple of lemon wedges for squeezing onto the chicken right before eating). Enjoy with your choice of pasta, rice, or crusty bread. :).
Buy the ingredients for our Mediterranean lamb stew with olives recipe from Tesco today. Try this Mediterranean chicken recipe, which is low in saturated fat and rich in flavor. Rustic Braised Chicken is a hearty stew full of tomatoes, olives, capers, and chicken. Stir tomatoes, olives, capers, lemon peel, and oregano into onion mixture. To serve place chicken on platter.