Carrots and Lentils in Olive Oil. Add the garlic and carrots and salt to taste. Cook, stirring, for two to three minutes until the carrots begin to soften. Stir in the dissolved tomato paste, sugar and lentils.
Add the oil, carrots, stock, lentils and milk to the saucepan then bring to the boil. Toss carrots, onion, oil, and turmeric together in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. While the carrots are roasting, prepare the lentils. You can have Carrots and Lentils in Olive Oil using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Carrots and Lentils in Olive Oil
- You need 1 cup of brown, green or black lentils, rinsed.
- Prepare 3 cups of water.
- You need 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s 1 of Onion, halved lengthwise, then sliced thin across the grain.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of ground coriander seeds (optional).
- It’s 4 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare 1 1/2 pounds of carrots, peeled and sliced thin diagonally (about 4 cups sliced).
- You need 1 Cup of thinly sliced (1 inch) Celery.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of tomato paste dissolved in 1 cup water.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped fresh mint.
Combine the stock and lentils together. Other than the lentils – potatoes, carrots, and some kind of green (spinach, rucola, kale, chard, whatever). Top with roasted carrots, then drizzle with harissa and yogurt. Toss together carrots, parsley, and half of dressing in a bowl.
Carrots and Lentils in Olive Oil instructions
- . Combine the lentils with 3 cups water in a saucepan, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Set a strainer over a bowl, and drain. Save the water!.
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a heavy casserole or skillet. Add the onion and coriander seeds. Cook, stirring, until the onion is tender, about five minutes..
- Add the garlic Celery and carrots and salt to taste. Cook, stirring, for two to three minutes until the carrots begin to soften. Stir in the dissolved tomato paste, sugar and lentils. Add 1 to 1 1/2 cups of the cooking water from the lentils (enough to cover the lentils), salt to taste and half the mint. Bring to a simmer, and simmer uncovered for 15 – 20 minutes (don't let the carrots get too mushy).
- Taste and adjust salt. Remove from the heat, sprinkle on the remaining mint, drizzle with good olive oil and lemon juice to taste. and serve, or allow to cool and serve at room temperature..
Drain lentils; discard onion and garlic. Toss lentils with remaining dressing in another bowl. Scatter lentil mixture, carrots and beetroot wedges over a serving platter, then scatter with herbs and labne. Drizzle with blood-plum vinegar and extra-virgin olive oil, season to taste and serve. Soak lentils in warm water while dicing the onions.