Vegetarian black bean curry quesadillas. Black beans, corn, cilantro, cheese, and plenty of spices make these vegetarian black bean quesadillas big on flavor and surprisingly filling. Describe. …how insanely good these Black Bean Quesadillas are!! This is my new favorite recipe, hands down.
Top each quesadilla with dollop of avocado mixture. Garnish with cilantro and salsa if desired. cut into wedges and serve hot. In a small bowl, use a fork to mash the black beans with the cumin and chili powder until they are a rough paste. You can have Vegetarian black bean curry quesadillas using 23 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vegetarian black bean curry quesadillas
- You need 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- You need 1/2 of a white onion diced.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic minced.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of minced ginger.
- It’s 1 1/2 tablespoons of curry powder.
- You need 1 1/2 teaspoon of red chili flake.
- Prepare 1 of large tomato fully diced, with juices.
- Prepare 1 (26.5 oz) of can of black beans, drained and rinsed.
- You need 3-4 cups of crumbled queso fresco.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of fresh lemon juice.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of fine chopped cilantro.
- Prepare to taste of salt.
- It’s 12 of tortilas.
- You need of sauce ingredients.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of sour. cream.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of heavy cream.
- It’s 1 cup of fresh cilantro.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of fresh mint.
- It’s 2 clove of garlic.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of fresh cracked black pepper.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of red pepper flake.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of sea salt.
These vegan black bean quesadillas replace the traditional cheese filling with pureed great Northern beans, nutritional yeast, and lots of spices for a tasty Mexican-inspired meal. Reviews for: Photos of Vegan Black Bean Quesadillas. Curried veggies meet havarti cheese in these fusion quesadillas from Eats Well with Others. Zucchini, Red Onion and Black Bean Quesadillas.
Vegetarian black bean curry quesadillas instructions
- In a large skillet on med high heat, saute onion. Garlic and ginger for 3 minutes.
- Add curry powder, chili flake and stir about 2 minutes.
- Add tomato and juices, stir. Salt to taste and reduce heat to medium, allowing juices to form and create a sauce..
- Add black beans, stir. Reduce heat to simmer until beans are heated then turn off heat. Cool completely..
- Add chopped cilantro and cheese, stir gently to incorporate. Keep cool until ready to ptep.
- Sauce instructions.
- In a blender combine all sauce ingredients. Blend well and chill until ready to serve..
- On a medium heat skillet, place a buttered tortilla, butter side down.
- Top with about a 1/3 cup of bean mixture allowing a 1/2 inch room to melt out to the edge and top with a buttered tortilla, butter side up.
- Allow bottom tortilla to crisp and turn golden and cheese to melt, then flip and remove when the other side is golden.
- Place on a cutting surface to cool for 3-5 minutes, then use a pizza cutter to slice..
- Serve drizzled with cream sauce or sauce on the side for dipping and some chopped cilantro or mint for garnish..
Red onion adds a touch of sweetness to these zucchini-laden 'dillas from Aggie's Kitchen. Vegetarian Quesadilla with black beans, veggies and moderate amount of cheese tucked inside a whole wheat tortilla and then baked. All there is to a veggie quesadilla is a mix of black beans with vegetables and spices. Please note no sautéing is required, raw veggies are tucked inside the whole. Nothing wrong with vegetarians besides the whole not eating meat thing.