Cheesy Bacon and Butternut Squash Pasta Bake.
You can cook Cheesy Bacon and Butternut Squash Pasta Bake using 8 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cheesy Bacon and Butternut Squash Pasta Bake
- You need 700 g of butternut squash, diced.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 300 g of dried pasta – fusilli, macaroni, congliche, bowties etc.
- Prepare 150 g of grated mature cheddar.
- Prepare 50 g of cream cheese.
- You need of some reserved pasta water.
- Prepare 6 rashers of streaky bacon.
- You need to taste of black pepper.
Cheesy Bacon and Butternut Squash Pasta Bake instructions
- Preheat the oven to gas 6 / 200C / 400F and line a roasting tin with foil.
- Spread out the squash, drizzle with the oil and roast for 30 minutes until tender.
- Before the squash finishes roasting, cook the pasta as per the packet instructions.
- Fry the bacon and garlic until crispy.
- Put the squash in a blender with the grated cheese (keep a handful back for topping) and the cream cheese.
- Puree with enough of the reserved pasta water to make a smooth sauce.
- Season to taste with black pepper.
- Drain the pasta then pour the squash sauce over it and gently mix to coat.
- Pour into an ovenproof dish and top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake in the oven (same temperature) until the cheese melts on top, then serve with salad or green vegetables..