Olive and Lemon Baked Chicken. Briny olives and tart lemons combine with fresh herbs for a Mediterranean-influenced chicken dish. A zesty lemon sage marinade makes for a tender and juicy baked chicken dish! Plus the olives and onions give it a boost of nutrition and flavor!
A traditional Moroccan dish of chicken pieces braised with spices, garlic, onion, olives, and preserved lemon. My first foray into cooking with the tagine was with this Moroccan chicken dish which turned out beautifully—succulent, tender, and full of flavor. Heat a medium pot of salted water to Place the sliced lemon and garlic in an even layer on one side of the foil. You can have Olive and Lemon Baked Chicken using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Olive and Lemon Baked Chicken
- Prepare 250 gr of chicken breast, halved, cut into your preference.
- You need 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 2 of garlic, smashed and then minced.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of chicken oil — https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/2905588-chicken-oil (optional).
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper.
- It’s 50 ml of chicken broth (or 50 ml plain water + 1 tsp powdered broth).
- It’s of Juice from 1/2 lemon.
- You need 1 tsp of dried thyme.
Take the chicken out of the oven, spoon out any fat, and pour the creamy mixture around the thighs so that the skins remain exposed. Scatter olives evenly over chicken and add broth. Remove thighs and lemon wedges and arrange on a platter. Pour pan juices into a saucepan and quickly skim fat from surface.
Olive and Lemon Baked Chicken instructions
- Mix olive oil, garlic, salt, chicken oil, black pepper, chicken broth, lemon well..
- Arrange the chicken in a heatproof dish. Pour the olive oil mixture on top. Sprinkle the thyme..
- Bake for 30 minutes in 170 Celcius degrees..
A simple one-pan dish, enjoy the flavors of Baked Lemon Chicken and Olives. Serve with a side of vegetables, rice, roasted potatoes, or a giant salad. Friends, when I think about our homes and hosting, I think we should strive for maturity. Let me explain a little more. A whole chicken is rubbed inside and out with herbs, then baked with a drizzle of lemon and olive oil for a light Italian dish.