Southwest Turkey Chili.
You can create Southwest Turkey Chili by using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you make it:
Ingredients of Southwest Turkey Chili
- It’s 1 lb. of ground turkey.
- You need 1 of large bell pepper.
- It’s 2 of medium red onions.
- Prepare 2 cans of kidney beans.
- Prepare 1 can of spicy chili beans.
- Prepare 1 packet of gravy mix.
- You need 3 Tbsp + of Cholula or other hot sauce.
- It’s of olive oil.
- It’s of water.
Southwest Turkey Chili step by step
- In a large stovetop pot, heat olive oil over medium heat, and add ground turkey. Brown turkey meat over medium-high heat and drain excess juices..
- Empty bean cans into a strainer and rinse them well, making sure to break up any clusters of beans that have formed. Once drained and cleaned, add to chili pot..
- Dice up your onions and bell pepper into small 1cm chunks (or the size you imagine the ground beef will end up being) and add them to the chili. Continue to heat over medium, leaving the cover on so the juices from the vegetables stay in the pan..
- Once vegetables are fully cooked, add gravy mix (and additional water if needed) so it creates a sauce in the pan. Continue to cook until gravy thickens then add hot sauce and mix..
- The chili is best served covered in a generous helping of cheese!!.