Black Beans Puerto Rican Style. Put Oil in pan to cover the bottom. This is my quick version of Puerto Rican style beans, which I make with either pink or red canned beans and diced potatoes, perfect when you need a quick side. Puerto Rican Style beans – A hearty red beans simmered in an aromatic sauce with big bold flavors.
Sazon — a Latin and Caribbean seasoning (ground black pepper, granulated garlic. See how to make puerto rican rice and beans: I hope you LOVE this meal and enjoy with family and friends! If you make this recipe be sure and tag #ambitiouskitchen on I use Goya black beans ( just my favorite beans and flavor ) and my rice and beans take no longer than an hour. You can have Black Beans Puerto Rican Style using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Black Beans Puerto Rican Style
- Prepare 2 cans of black beans.
- It’s 1/2 cup of +/- cooked bacon or chicharrones cut up.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of Sofrito.
- You need 1 tsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1 packet of Saźon seasoning with culantro and achiote.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Olives sliced.
- It’s of Cilantro.
- It’s of Sour Cream or Crema.
See more ideas about Puerto rican beans, Puerto ricans, Puerto rican recipes. Flavorful Puerto Rican rice and beans simmered in a sauce of sofrito and tomato along with potatoes and olives. Cuban-Style Black Beans – A quick and easy recipe that uses canned black beans, so it comes. Add the cooked black beans to the pan along with the reserved bean cooking liquid, lime juice and salt; stir to combine.
Black Beans Puerto Rican Style instructions
- Sautee Sofrito and bacon/chicharrones in 2 Tbsp olive oil 3-5 minutes until fragrant without burning..
- Towards end of Sautee, add Garlic and Saźon packet using caution to not burn..
- Add black beans and olives and adjust heat to medium allowing juice to thicken approx. 15-20 minutes..
- Serve garnished with cilantro and a dollop of sour cream or crema..
Puerto Rican Beans — also called Pink Beans and Rice — is a saucy, satisfying dish from the Caribbean that will simmer to the top of your go-to The heart of this dish is soft, plump, GOYA® Pink Beans. Served over rice, these nutritious nuggets of flavor make a delicious accompaniment to all of..the many Puerto Rican friends and family I was surrounded by made a big impression on me…and so will this Puerto Rican Rice and Beans recipe! Black, Red kidney, pigeon peas, small red beans, lima beans, pinto beans, black-eyed peas, pink beans, or chick peas. Photo "Puerto Rican Style beans" can be used for personal and commercial purposes according to the conditions of the purchased Royalty-free license. I used home made salsa and black beans in this dish, but you could substitute with jarred salsa and canned black beans.