You can have Chocolate Truffles using 8 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chocolate Truffles
- Prepare 8 oz of semisweet chocolate chips or chopped chocolate.
- You need 1/2 cup of + 2tbsp heavy cream.
- It’s 1 tbsp of orange zest.
- It’s 1/4 cup of dessicated coconut.
- You need 1/4 cup of cocoa powder.
- You need 1/4 cup of powdered sugar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of crushed pistachios, almonds or any nuts you prefer.
- It’s 1/2 cup of melted chocolate.
Chocolate Truffles instructions
- Place the chocolate chips or chopped chocolate into a heatproof bowl.
- Place the heavy cream in a saucepan and add the orange zest in. Bring just to a boil..
- Pour this hot cream over the chocolate and leave for about 3-5 mins..
- Stir well until smooth. Get rid of any lumps..
- Place the mixture into a baking pan or a pie pan..
- Set in the refrigerator for about 1-2 hours..
- Line cookie sheets/baking sheets with parchment paper..
- Using a melon baller or two teaspoons to scoop out the chocolate. Roughly make balls and place on the cookie sheet. If the chocolate gets softer, refrigerate for about 20 mins and start again..
- Refrigerate for 15 mins till it sets well and then form into smooth balls.
- Roll them in melted chocolate, , pistachios,powdered sugar, cocoa or coconuts as you like. Note you can have any toping you like:).
- Set in the refrigerator for a while and then serve!!.