Mahamri. This recipe is one that is very popular in Kenya and Tanzania, especially amongst the people who live in the coastal towns of both these countries. Mahamri are traditional Swahili doughnuts especially popular in the coastal regions of Kenya, Tanzania ,and Uganda. Puffy and golden brown. Последние твиты от Harry Mukhwana (@mahamri).
My first try had me create the hardest, flattest I will take you through how to make bomb mahamri, tell you exactly where I went wrong the first round. #mahamri Mahamri happens to be a street snack and the main breakfast dish. Other street snacks of the continent include bunny chow of South Africa, akara of Nigeria and other countries of the West African. You can cook Mahamri using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mahamri
- It’s 2 cups of all purpose flour.
- It’s 6 tbsp of sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of yeast.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cardamon.
- It’s 1/4 cup of dessicated coconut.
- You need of Oil for deep frying.
- It’s Pinch of salt.
- It’s 200 ml of warm water.
All pastry ingredients should be allowed to come to room temperature if they have been in the refrigerator. In a mixing bowl combine the flour, baking powder, sugar, and spice. Mix the water, butter, milk, and egg together. Mahamri are a sweet yeast fried dough made with coconut and a hint of cardamom.
- Mix the dry ingredients – sieve the flour, cardamon, sugar and salt into a bowl. Add the dessicated coconut and whisk well..
- Create a well in the middle and add warm water gradually as you mix into a sticky dough..
- Roll it out onto a clean surface and knead until it doesn't stick to your fingers; you may add kidogo flour if it's stop sticky or water if it's too dry..
- Cover with cling film and put in a warm place to rest for 25-30mins..
- Remove and knead once more, cut into preferred shapes and cover to rest for 10mins. Meanwhile, heat the cooking oil..
- Deep fry as you turn both sides until golden brown..
- Remove from the oil and place them on a cooling rack to drip off excess oil..
- Enjoy with a cup of tea or cold milk..
They can be eaten as a snack or for breakfast. Good on their own or served with tea, coffee or mbaazi ya nazi (pigeon. Forgotten account? mahamri original mix. Поделиться треком в соц. сетях Mahamri Original Mix. Want to discover art related to mahamri? Check out inspiring examples of mahamri artwork on DeviantArt, and get inspired by our community of talented artists.